Nu 0.5.4 for OSX (Mandatory Update)

Direct link:
https://nubits.com/sites/default/files/assets/nu-0.5.4-osx.zip

Checksum:
SHA1(nu-0.5.4-osx.zip) = 169f445a3b60c89ec40db7e34dc31cf127d83fba

This release contains the Nu GUI client for OSX. It has been tested on 10.8, 10.9, and 10.10.

Note About the 0.5.4 Nu Daemon
I’m having a problem generating a statically compiled version of the Nu daemon (nud) for use from the command line. If you require the daemon on OSX for a specialized application, please send me a private message. I’ll be able to send you a compiled version of the daemon but you’ll need to supply the local dependencies (I’ll give you the list and installation instructions at the same time).

This issue is related to a environment setup on my end and is not indicative of a problem with the Nu code. The non-statically built version of nud works as expected if the system you are running it on has the required dependencies, it’s the packaging that isn’t working right.

As always, if you have any problems at all with the application, please let me know immediately. Thank you!

Edited for clarity.

1 Like

What’s new in this release?

This release is the mandatory update that brings OSX in-line with the feature set included in 0.5.4 for Linux and Windows. It includes a fix for the repeated motion voting issue and brings data feeds to Nu for OSX.

2 Likes

As a relatively new user/shareholder in NuBits/NuShares who is not a developer, I am a little queasy about downloading a ‘mandatory wallet’ when below it there is a message that there may be some problems with the Nu Daemon, which I am clueless about.

The question is, can one potentially lose their NuShares by upgrading a wallet?

I am all for upgrades, etc, but the last thing I want is to be potentially trying to mess around with ‘compiled version of the daemon’ (no idea what that is!).

Sorry if this is ignorant, but since it sounds technical and potentially flawed as an upgrade, so I just want to be sure I know what I am doing and not somehow lose my NuShares …

Ben is talking about the command line daemon “nud”.

You can use the GUI software as usual. No worries.

Good feedback, thank you. I’ve updated the original post to make it clearer (I hope).

My update worked just fine, thanks.

Thanks for your help guys, I downloaded the update and it went smoothly.

For me, it is just a slight worry about wallet updates on something that I would have no idea how to troubleshoot around or resolve if a problem arose, so the help is much appreciated.

We’re here to help you work through any concerns or issues you may encounter.

Don’t hesitate sending me a message if you’re not sure about something. I’m always happy to help you work through it until you understand, or if it’s an issue that we haven’t seen before, to do the background work to figure out what is going on and then get it resolved.

2 Likes