NSR/BTC trading pair now available at BTER.com

Last trade on BTER was 1 BTC worth at 0.00059. That puts the NuShares market cap around $240M, higher than Litecoin, and #2 only to bitcoin.

Lmao let’s not go talking about market caps and such off of 3 trades… :stuck_out_tongue:

Heh, I wonder when NuShares will be listed on coinmarketcap though.

Do you mean appalling or appealing?

By no means would I call PPC appalling, thank you for being such a thorough reader :blush:

As soon as BTER provides feed of trading pair to CMC. When that happens we will point them to the feed for the total supply and voila: listed :slight_smile:

I see. I expect a lot of flak then, especially since over half aren’t even distributed yet; it’s going to be very inaccurate. Still exciting to finally see it though :slight_smile:

Yeah, we might have to do the same as for NuBits. Some voluntarily reduction showing only NSR in circulation.

@masterOfDisaster @Ben

Anybody know whether Bter has the function to distribute dividents to users who hold NSR?

Good question! Generally exchanges who hold POS coins are not in the habit of distributing minted coins though are they?

The NSR trading at BTER is already kinda interesting…

It’s possible. BTER has taken snap shot for PTS owners and given back BTSX. I guess the bottom line is that distribute dividends would attract peoeple to trade Nushares at BTER.

I guess BTER can also vote with its nushares. Now let’s see if someone will become the btc-e of peercoin in Nushare world, that may have more than 10% of all coins/shares in its cold wallet. Since voting is weighted by share days destroyed (if I understand it right), someone with 10% coins and having not voted for months can come out of the shdow and cast some powerful vote!

Interesting point… I can’t remember if there is the concept of a “coin age” cap such as in Peercoin?

From https://nubits.com/nushares/voting-mechanics :

“Share days are accrued by shares if they are undisturbed (not sent or staked) after becoming a verified transaction. After seven days, shares are matured (usable for minting) and will continue to earn sharedays for each day they are undisturbed. There is no limit to the number of sharedays a share can earn, but sharedays have no impact on the difficulty of minting a block. This creates an incentive for NuShareholders to mint as soon as possible.”

Hmm… so they can vote after 7 days, and still continue to earn share days for each day undisturbed… However, once they mint a block, they are reset?

Correct.

Silly question… Since they are reset after minting a block… is that not the same as effectively capping them at 7 days age? It has no bearing on difficulty, and the extra days can never be “used” ? Am I missing something?

@teek your question is not silly. If the coin age is neither taken into consideration when calculating the chance for minting nor for calculating the reward, coin age is effectively capped at 7 days.
…in difference to Peercoin where you have a coin age that is not capped when calculating the reward, but the one for calculating the minting probability…
The main reason for minting with the NSR as continuously as possible should not be the minting reward but the chance to place votes and to secure the block chain (the property of the NSR holders!).

I will ask bter’s customer service. PoS income are not supposed to be distributed normally. But the Peercoin dividents should be distributed.

It seems that both park rate vote and motion vote are weighted by Share Days Destroyed (SDD), so someone who has 10,000 shares and is voting on the 107th day after his last vote will have the same voting power as someone with 1,000,000 shares voting on the 8th day. Is this correct?