Mandatory upgrade to Nu 2.0 by August 25th

I’m concerned because I haven’t heard anything regarding exchanges upgrading. Is any one able to report whether any specific exchange has upgraded to 2.0?

1 Like

This is probably a good place to keep track of progress. Bolded exchanges will mean those that we are sure have completed the upgrade. I will keep this updated daily as we approach August 25. If anyone has a status update they are aware of regarding a certain exchange, please share it in this thread.

Bittrex

• Confirmed through private chat:

Updated

Poloniex

• Confirmed through tech support response to @Nagalim

Poloniex tech support responded saying they are fully up to date.

Cryptsy

Yep. I upgraded shortly after it was released. Thanks for the heads up

Bittylicious

• Response:

Thanks for that. I’ve built it and the building process seemed successful.

Bitcoin Indonesia

• Emailed @bitcoincoid (Oscar - CEO)
  • Emailed general support
  • Tweeted bitcoincoid

BTER

• Emailed Lin (wallet manager)
  • Tweeted BTERcom
  • Response indicates they’re aware:

Thanks for your information. It is reported to our dev team .

Alts.Trade

• Tweeted AltsTrade

ShapeShift

Thanks for the notification!

AllCoin

• Emailed Mark (CEO)
  • Tweeted AllCoinEx

CCEDK

• Confirmed upgrade

We are now fully updated on all wallets related to Nubits and Nushares.

SouthXChange

• Confirmed through email

We are running client version “v2.0.0-1-g59ea3a3-beta”.

For reference, here is the email that was sent.

Email Subject: IMPORTANT - All exchanges must upgrade to Nu v2.0 by August 25, 2015

Email Body: Dear Exchange Operator,

The Nu 2.0 release has passed testing and the team agrees it is now ready for general deployment on the production network. The new protocol will become effective August 25th at 14:00 UTC. If you don’t upgrade by then, your client will reject 2.0 blocks and be isolated on a non-consensus fork. So upgrading is truly mandatory.

Download Links: https://nubits.com/download

Exchange Integration Guide: https://docs.nubits.com/integrating-nubits-or-nushares-with-an-exchange/

Public Announcement: Mandatory upgrade to Nu 2.0 by August 25th

It would be appreciated if you can confirm with us when you have made the update to v2.0.

Thanks,

Nu Development Team

3 Likes

Can @masterOfDisaster confirm that the standard 2.0 release wallet*.dat can be copied over and mint on self-built Nu 2.0 on R-pi using BD 5.x?

I can confirm that. I have only few NSR in that wallet and that’s the reason why I was asking for RaPi binaries from the beginning once Nu was not open source - running it on a PC would make no sense.
But meanwhile I’ve minted with my 2.0.0 nud on my RaPi that was compiled with BerkeleyDB5.1

Reminder:
the wallet (and more) get converted from using BD5.1.
Once you started nud with BD5.1 there’s no way back to nud with BD4.8.
I highly recommend to backup the wallet(s) and the whole app directory.

Once the 2.0 nu runs, even blockchain file blk0001.dat cannot be read by the old nu.

Perhaps this is linked to Nu 2.0 qt won't boot up

Since we are getting close to the mandatory upgrade date; can anyone provide a build for raspberry pi of the 2.0?

I can provide you with a self-made version of nud, but I need to issue the warning that it was compiled using BerkeleyDB5.1 and converts your wallet files as well as the blockchain files into a format that won’t be compatible with the official releases of Nu clients.
…the standard warning never to trust software from “unknown” sources applies as well.
Maybe I can guide you through compiling your own version?

Even better: you might try compiling a version that uses BerkeleyDB4.8 which would be compatible with the official releases and document the steps? :wink:
…the challenge starts with getting BerkeleyDB4.8 on the rpi - you need to compile and install that from the source…

It’s not as bad as it may sound. If you copy the offcial wallet to the R-pi and let the R-pi mint on it, whatever happens to the R-pi wallet will get propagated to the official PC/laptop wallet when it is brought on-line and updated, and you have two wallets of the same state, synchronized by the blockchain.

Thank you masterOfDisaster, if you can detail the steps here. Also many nushare holders that are interested to mint on their R-pi will be thankful to have some sort of guide on the steps to follow.

You can try to lean on the steps for compiling B&C Exchange client on the rpi:

1 Like

The official guide https://docs.nubits.com/nu-raspberry-minting/

Built it yesterday and worked out w/o a hitch.

1 Like

Exchange Upgrade Status - August 20, 2015

Upgraded

• Cryptsy
  • Bittylicious
  • ShapeShift
  • SouthXChange

Aware But Not Yet Confirmed

• Bittrex
  • BTER

No Response

• CCEDK
  • Poloniex
  • Bitcoin Indonesia (Removing NuBits on Sept 15)
  • Alts.Trade
  • AllCoin

If anyone has personal contacts at any of the No Response exchanges, please send them the email from above.

3 Likes

Exchange Upgrade Status - August 23, 2015

Upgraded

• Cryptsy
  • Bittylicious
  • ShapeShift
  • SouthXChange
  • Bittrex

• BTER

No Response

• CCEDK
  • Poloniex
  • Alts.Trade
  • AllCoin

If anyone has personal contacts at any of the No Response exchanges, please send them the email from above.

If polo is on the wrong blockchain we have problems.

I submitted a technical support ticket, which I think they have to respond to within 24 hours.

1 Like

@ronny, have you switched CCEDK yet to v2.0? It seems you haven’t responded to email requests.

Poloniex tech support responded saying they are fully up to date.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay in answering. Was waiting for a confirmation from the backend devs. They say it will be done end of afternoon today. I have told them basically everyday since I first heard it here, and have stressed extra hard this morning that it is vital to have it done today.

Expect to give you confirmation later today, thank you for your follow up.

We are now fully updated on all wallets related to Nubits and Nushares. This for your information.

Rgds

Ronny Boesing
CCEDK

1 Like

Exchange Upgrade Status - August 24, 2015

Upgraded

• Cryptsy
  • Bittylicious
  • ShapeShift
  • SouthXChange
  • Bittrex
  • Poloniex
  • CCEDK

• BTER

No Response

• Alts.Trade
  • AllCoin

Our trading environment should be in good shape once BTER is confirmed to have upgraded. Bitcoin Indonesia appears to be moving ahead with de-listing NuBits, Alts.Trade has 0.00 BTC of volume across all cryptocurrencies on its exchange today (and no social media presence since May), and AllCoin is close to dead as well. Those three exchanges can perhaps be removed from the Exchanges page once the upgrade occurs as they are unlikely to ever attract significant NBT or NSR trader interest.

2 Likes