Is B&C blockchain dead?

Hm, is it a problem that you are on an older version? 6.0.0 vs. 6.1.0? I am on 6.1.0, but as described before, I am simply not producing any blocks despite an active connection. Do you know what a reason for that might be?

The problem is imo that we are all on a different fork. A few nodes may need to roll back a number of blocks and start creating new blocks again and reach consensus so we can all move forward. Easier said than done though.

V6.0.0 has the same protocol (v5) as v6.1.0, so this shouldn’t be a problem normally.

2 Likes

And how would that actually be done technically? Would that require an updated client or is that something that can be done within the client?

I’m not an expert, it doesn’t need anything in the client. It requires a number of nodes to reach consensus by accepting a block one of them has created. Kicking of such a thing is typically done by the developer of a blockchain, but anyone can do it with the right skills (syncing number of nodes etc.). Done by others It might not get accepted by the wider network and considered another fork. As I said, easier said than done.

1 Like

Almost 3 months later, nothing. Why doesn’t the developer at last declare it dead then?