Is B&C blockchain dead?

I’ve been trying to start the explorer Daemon in. A variety of different ways (connecting to different nodes) but it doesn’t want to advance the blocks. Looking at the peer list it seems that there are lots of nodes at the same block and only one at a higher. My guess is that the consensus is that the older block is correct and the higher block is a fork. We could try updating the blkindex on the explorer Daemon with the one from the higher node as that may start things off again. Ideally though, we need more minters.

There was a fork with multiple minters. The main minter on the fork used a backup of his BlockShare wallet to mint on a different client (that synced to 1962064) than he had been using in recent days. The result was that the backup of the wallet began minting where most clients were stuck: block 1962064. The explorer and the SouthXchange client are both accepting these new blocks. The network is currently synced at a block height of 1962123.

1 Like

It seems the network forked again.

Is there any information regarding B&CExchange or is it safe to say that it’s game over?

BlockShares are up over 700% in Bitcoin since their coronavirus low in March:

SouthXchange is showing the last block was processed one minute ago.

Will the blockchain work again?

It seems to be working on SouthXchange:

What do you consider “working”?

Does anyone have an active wallet? It seems to be stuck at the same block forever.

Why would not a single person here have an answer? Will B&C blockchain work again ever or what is the situation?

1 Like

B&C Chain is not working for me. I’m unable to connect to a peer.

And what’s the solution now?

Hm 9 days and no response. Who should know what to do? @Phoenix ?

Is nobody from the team able to fix the problem?

I can likely fix it. I plan to take a some time to do that in the next day.

I have connected to this B&C node:

Anyone having trouble connecting should put the following in their bcexchange.conf file:

I already added it to the conf.file, but nothing happens. No blocks are coming in and it is stuck at 2006514. I also downloaded the chain again quite some time ago. Same problem. Anything else I can do? And it should be called “bcexchange.conf”, shouldn’t it?

1 Like

@Phoenix the like of my post doesn’t really solve the problem I described.
Any recommendations how to get the wallet going and POS blocks being produced?

“addr” : “138.68.184.193:2239”,
“services” : “00000001”,
“lastsend” : 1610158818,
“lastrecv” : 1610158818,
“conntime” : 1610144405,
“version” : 5000000,
“subver” : “/Siglee:6.1.0/B&C Exchange:6.1.0(v6.1.0-beta)/”,
“inbound” : false,
“releasetime” : 0,
“height” : 2006514,
“banscore” : 0

This is what I get, but nothing happens. I’ve been trying to talk to you here for a while now and I will ask one last time what can be done to get the wallet to produce blocks, anyone? Anyone can explain that to me in comprehensible terms? I’d like to understand what’s wrong or lacking to get a wallet that has one active connection to produce blocks again. Where else should I ask for bcexchange if not here?

Got my wallet running, but no new blocks. Have slightly lower height than you though.

“version” : “v6.0.0-beta”,
“protocolversion” : “5.0”,
“walletversion” : 1,
“walletunit” : “8”,
“balance” : removed
“newmint” : 0.0,
“stake” : removed,
“parked” : 0.0,
“blocks” : 2005484,
“moneysupply” : 230642.6091,
“connections” : 1,
“proxy” : “”,
“ip” : “121.98.52.216”,
“difficulty” : 0.0,

Looks like the last few are on a fork of my own.