How to pair 2 wallets to get dividends?

@Sentinelrv, please try first with rpcallowip=127.0.0.1 because I think rpcallowip=* is a security breach.

When import keys, please immediately remove listen=1 & rpcallowip=*, and then restart ppcoin client.

2 Likes

I tried uninstalling Peerunity and installing ppcoin. The blockchain isnā€™t fully downloaded though, so I donā€™t know if that makes a difference.

I copied and pasted exactly what you posted there into both text files. I tried unlocking the Nu wallet completely. The only thing that seemed to change was that it skipped the step of asking me for my wallet passphrase. The same error popped up though. I tried replacing the * with the numbers you have there and it still didnā€™t help. :frowning:

I seem to remember some trouble shooting tips on the export keys page in our documentation, so Iā€™m going to look at that.

There is a portion in the docs page about port conflicts, but Iā€™m not sure how to check thatā€¦

https://docs.nubits.com/receiving-dividends/

Try with TCPView: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/tcpview.aspx

Ok, Iā€™m not sure exactly what Iā€™m supposed to be doing here. I downloaded the program and ran it and I can see multiple Nu and Peercoin icons. What would you like to know to confirm that my ports are not in conflict?

Have you restarted clients after changing ppcoin.conf and nu.conf files?

Yes

This is the part in question on the guideā€¦

[quote]If you experience problems with connecting the two wallets, please confirm that your network allows traffic on the following ports:

PROTOCOL PORT 7890
RPC PORT 14001 // Base RPC port used by the NuShares RPC server. Other unit RPC servers listen on RPC_PORT+1, RPC_PORT+2, etc.
RPC PORT 14002 // NuBits

// Same rules apply to testnet, but on different ports
TESTNET PORT 7895
TESTNET RPC PORT 15001 // NuShares
TESTNET RPC PORT 15002 // NuBits

// Peercoin ports used when communicating with the Peercoin wallet for dividend distributions
PEERCOIN RPC PORT 9902
PEERCOIN TESTNET RPC PORT 9904[/quote]

So how exactly do I check these?

Look at Local port column and check if ppcoin-qt.exe is listening on port 9902

From the image you can see that the ppcoin icons show 9901, but not 9902.

peercoin-qt RPC server should listen on port 9902, but I donā€™t see it too. Would you check for some other process that use port 9902.
Click on top of Local Port column to sort numbers.

I had to restart my computer. Give me a minute.

Sorry, Iā€™m now having an issue where I canā€™t start my Nu client. I had the same issue earlier, but fixed it somehow. It might take me a little bit to figure out. Iā€™ll post when I have your info.

OK. Please remove the image above.

Ok, got it back up. The only two local ports I see that are close are 7890 for Nu and 9901 for ppcoin. 9902 is not listed. You could actually see them on the previous image that I took down.

Iā€™m not shure your ppcoin.conf file is on the right place. Would you add ā€œrpcport=9902ā€ wihout quotation marks to ppcoin.conf file and then restart ppcoin-qt client again.

It is hereā€¦

C:\Users\Sentinelrv\AppData\Roaming\PPCoin\ppcoin.conf

Tried that, still got the error and donā€™t see 9902 in the program. My ppcoin.conf file now looks like thisā€¦

[quote]rpcuser=abc
rpcpassword=xyz
server=1
listen=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9902[/quote]

May be you should allow connection to ppcoin-qt on port 9902 in your firewall or temporarly disable it. I donā€™t have more ideas what could be wrong.

Iā€™m using Windows right now, which uses Windows Firewall. Iā€™m only using this to export the wallets and then Iā€™m going to delete everything. My main wallets are minting on my Linux laptop.

Do you know how I would allow port 9902 using Windows Firewall? Iā€™m looking through it trying to figure it out at the moment.

I tried just disabling Windows Firewall and that didnā€™t seem to help either. @CoinGame or @Ben, when I run TCPview it says that ppcoin-qt.exe is listening only on port 9901. What do I need to do to make it 9902 instead like it says in the documentation?