Help translate the Nu client into your local language

Hey everyone. Members of the Peercoin community will be familiar with this because we’ve set up a similar project page for Peerunity. You can now help us localize the Nu client into your preferred language using getlocalization.com

If you would like to help translate the client you can sign up to getlocalization.com and visit the project page http://getlocalization.com/nubits

Here’s a link on how to use the editor, and a quick screen shot of what it looks like. http://www.getlocalization.com/library/translation/editor/features/

1. Search & Filters Bar

Get Localization provides several powerful search tools and filters. You have the following choices:

File – If the project contains several files, you can choose to view all of them or a specific one.

Translating to – You can change which target language you are viewing. This can come in handy if you e.g. have a problematic translation and want to look for tips in other languages.[/li]

Filter – You can choose which strings are displayed in the List of Strings (2) and in which order they are displayed. You have the following choices:

[list][li]Sorted by Quality – All strings are displayed based on their quality score. The strings with the lowest score, i.e. untranslated strings, come first.[/li]

[li]All Strings – All strings are displayed in original order.[/li]

[li]Untranslated Strings – Only untranslated strings are displayed and the the translated ones are hidden.[/li]

[li]Translated Strings – Only translated strings are displayed and the the untranslated ones are hidden.[/li]

[li]Sort by modified[/li] - latest first – The newest translations and edits are displayed first.
TIP: This can be a useful filter when proofreading.

Sort by modified - oldest first – The oldest translations and edits are displayed first[/li]

Search – This contains several different search possibilities:

Project Strings – Search for words or sentences in the master language strings. If you e.g. enter ‘Open’ in the text box and click Search, all strings containing ‘Open’ will be displayed in the List of Strings (2).

Translation – Search for words or sentences in the target language strings. If you e.g. enter ‘Öffnen’ in the text box and click Search, all strings containing ‘Öffnen’ will be displayed in the List of Strings (2).

Translation (Search & Replace) – Search and replace words in the target language strings.
NOTE: For the user roles Translator, Moderator and Developer only this applies to your own translations. Only Administrators can apply Search and replace to other users’ translations.

[li]Bing Translate – You can use this alternative to get a translation suggestion from Bing Translator. Enter a word or sentence in the master language into the search box and a translation suggestion in the target language will be displayed in Other translations (4).[/li]

[li]Glossary – If the project has a glossary (Premium feature), this will perform a search among the glossary terms.[/li]

[li]Translation Memory – Search for translations in the translation memory database by entering a master language word or sentence in the search box. The matches will be displayed in Other translations (4) and they might come from other projects than the current one.
TIP: In many CAT tools a similar search is known as concordance search.[/li]

[li]Translator – You can display all strings by a certain translator by entering their user ID in the search box. The strings will be displayed in the List of Strings (2).[/li]

2. List of Strings

Displays project strings based on the current filters. Click an item to select it.

3. Master string

This is the source language string for translation.

TIP: Copy master string to editor by pressing Ctrl + . (list of other shortcuts).

4. Other Translations

This section displays previous translations and other suggestions for the current string.

Translations by other users – The translator’s avatar and user ID are displayed the Source column. Rank shows the order of translation alternatives based on their quality points. The highest ranked string is the one that will be used as translation. If you agree with the translation of one of the previously translated strings, you can vote for it. If you think it has errors or would simply need a touch-up, copy the translation to the editor and edit. This will not erase the other user’s translation, simply add a new alternative. If you are an administrator for this project, you can remove other people’s translations.[/li]

[li]Translation memory – This is a suggestion from the database of previous translations. The suggestion can be the translation of an identival string or of a string that is only slightly different from the current master string. You can copy the suggestion to the editor field and accept it or edit.[/li]

[li]Related string – These are suggestions that have some similarities with the current string. They are usually not identical strings, but might e.g. contain common terms. You can copy the suggestion to the editor field and edit it.[/li]

[li]Glossary – If the project contains a glossary and the current string contains a term that can be found in the glossary, this term will be displayed together with its translation.[/li]

[li]Bing Translate – If you have used the Bing Translate option in Search (see above), the Bing suggestion will be displayed here.[/li][/list]

Please use buttons to perform the following actions:

Vote Vote on translation

Copy translation Copy translation to editor

Delete translation Delete translation completely (only project administrators)

Report user Report user to Get Localization support. NOTE: please report e.g. following issues: wrong language (Italian when it should be German) or abusive language. If the translation contains an error, please correct it instead of reporting.

5. Target String

Enter your translation here - it is as simple as that. You will automatically get notified if there are formatting errors, Get Localization automatically checks for example that tags used in code are also used correctly in the translated string.

TIP: Press Ctrl + Enter to save and jump to next string (list of other shortcuts).

6. Context Information

You can use this field to provide context information for the translators in their files. This information can be provided by the developer in the master files (e.g. as comments in iOS or with the tag in XLIFF) or entered by a project administrator in the editor. NOTE: Context field changes in the editor are not copied back to the master files.

If you click Manage Screenshots above the Context field, you can upload screenshots of your application to help the translators get a better understanding of the context. We highly recommend using screenshots to help the translators.

7. Commenting

Commenting is a powerful way to communicate with project members. The project team will automatically get an e-mail when a comment is added, and can react if there is a problem or uncertainty for example about string context. If the comment only relates to the specific languge that you are translating to, only send it to the translators of that language, otherwise send it to everybody.

1 Like

Request sent.

Request for what?

To join NuBits on getlocalization?

I don’t think you need to request anything. All you need is an account on the website and you should be able to contribute. Is it making you request access first?

Welcome

This is a translation project for NuBits. We’re looking to get NuBits translated and would love to hear from you if you’re able to help. Please login or sign-up here, you can then apply as translator. Looking forward working with you!
Your request has been sent to the project administrator. You’ll receive an e-mail as soon as administrator accepts your request.

Whoops. Sorry. Try now. :smile:

Working now.

Are the NuBits translations merged with the latest Peerunity translations?

They are not merged, but similar strings should be available to vote on through the websites translation memory.

I see … it’s not working splendidly to be honest.

Is there a way to merge them? A lot of translations are identical and the translation memory seems to have Alzheimer’s.

Ah well that’s unfortunate. I sort of bet on that working well as it has had decent results in the past. I’m going to close the project for now so nobody starts to translate on these. Let me see if I can get the others loaded.

I will have to wait for @Ben to give me access to the Peerunity account so that I can download the most recent translations from the website.

Great :slight_smile:

Please import all peerunity translation of the same string (if the same string appears in different section then just pick the first translation). A lot of tedious work has gone into translating peerunity (some still unpaid on peer4commit project) please don’t let the community do it from scratch again.

2 Likes

Translation site has been updated. The most recent Peerunity translations have been added where applicable. @willy was nice enough to verify that the German files look okay. The site is now public again and anyone can contribute.

yes. only ~130 strings left instead of ~340 before. :smile:

I am having a hard time with special characters like carriage returns (they are not marked) and translation memory does not work very well. Also I can’t see any short of quality checks, maybe that is an elevated privilege feature(?).

Did you guys took a look at Pootle? It is open source and currently used by Mozilla and Evernote among others. I find it quite more useful.

The link http://getlocalization.com/nubits shows “PROJECT NOT FOUND”.

Where are the translations?

This actually turned into a bit of a mess and I totally forgot about it so thank you for bringing it back up. Originally we were paying for translation services from getlocalization because we were closed source. It’s only a free service for open source projects. Well when we went open source I asked getlocalization to change us over to the free open source plan, and provided them links to our repository. It seemed as if they were happy to do so at the beginning, but after no changes to our plan I sent a new ticket to inquire why it had not changed. Well, they went to our website and saw that there was a jobs section with positions to hire for. They came back to tell me that their open source plan was for open source projects not associated with a company. Now i’m trying to explain what a DAO is, and we’re not a company. It’s been a while since I looked at the correspondences but I had to open multiple tickets and try to argue with a few people. They were not having it. At this point I simply forgot to follow up after all the back and forth, but i’m guessing they’ve removed our repo there. I’m pretty sure during all the emails I backed up the latest translations on one of my VM’s. I’ll have to go look for them and we can reboot the translation project on some other service. Unfortunately I will not be able to manage this going further.

I’m really sorry for the failures here on my part. There was a lot of contributera who helped to make progress on translating the client. If anyone else would like to take the lead on this i’m happy to assist in any way I can.

1 Like