Grant to provide 50,000 liquidity to Exco.in for 60 days

@assistant custodian vote BB1eCrqde2g5vWTH7RsaBJ8NWTUF2D8ogq

Hi @Cybnate

Here are the details for the Custodian Vote on BB1eCrqde2g5vWTH7RsaBJ8NWTUF2D8ogq:

##[BB1eCrqde2g5vWTH7RsaBJ8NWTUF2D8ogq][1]
[1]: https://discuss.nubits.com/t/grant-to-provide-50-000-liquidity-to-exco-in-for-60-days
###1.00 NBT.
Blocks: 5112 (51.120000%)
Share Days: 1591446920 (49.931394%)

The following is the first of TWO custodial grants that will be requested. Grant the first means that shareholders agree to be bound to pass the second grant in the amount of 9,999 NBT upon satisfactory completion of the proposal. I ask for payment after LPC services are complete, but the first grant is necessary as @JordanLee mentioned to allow broadcast of liquidityinfo. First custodial grant pair:

BB1eCrqde2g5v

Read More

It did pass, but the blockexplorer doesn’t play nice and Assistant doesn’t know about it apparently

[quote=“Cybnate, post:43, topic:1232”]It did pass, but the blockexplorer doesn’t play nice and Assistant doesn’t know about it[/quote]Hey.

[quote=“Cybnate, post:43, topic:1232”]It did pass, but the blockexplorer doesn’t play nice and Assistant doesn’t know about it[/quote]I’m terribly sorry, I meant to say that that doesn’t answer my question.

Assistant just takes the raw data from the Nu client. There’s no way that I could see of differentiating a passed motion in that output (do correct me if I’m wrong).
My understanding is that if at least one vote is still cast for a motion, it will appear in the output. As poeople stop voting for passed motions, they should drop off and not be available to Assistant any more

The block explorer seems to be able to distinct passed motions from non-passed motions. But that probably depends on an internal database calculating all the blocks since the voting of that motion started.
Only solution would be an API on the blockexplorer exposing this.

@woolly_sammoth and @desrever: I’m having a problem I would like you advice with. I’m starting NuBot now, but it shuts down with errors. It doesn’t connect to nud. Here is the log output:

Waiting a for the connectionThreads to detect connection,INFO,com.nubits.nubot.launch.NuBot,execute,Jan_30_22_41_18
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect,SEVERE,com.nubits.nubot.RPC.NuRPCClient,invokeRPC,Jan_30_22_41_21
Check connection with nud,INFO,com.nubits.nubot.launch.NuBot,execute,Jan_30_22_41_21
Problem while connecting with nud,SEVERE,com.nubits.nubot.launch.NuBot,execute,Jan_30_22_41_21
Bot shutting down…,INFO,com.nubits.nubot.launch.NuBot$1,run,Jan_30_22_41_21

Here is my nu.conf, with redactions:
server=1
rpcuser=[redacted]
rpcpassword=[redacted]
port=9090
rpcport=9091

Here is part of my options.json, with redactions:

{“options”:
{
“submit-liquidity”:true,
“nubitaddress”: “BB1eCrqde2g5vWTH7RsaBJ8NWTUF2D8ogq”,
“nudip”: “127.0.0.1”,
“nudport”: 9091,
“rpcpass”: “[redacted, but same as in nu.conf]”,
“rpcuser”: “[redacted, but same as in nu.conf]”

I placed the Nu client and NuBot on the same machine.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

1 Like

Good morning @muchogusto. Is your Nu client fully unlocked? Unlocking for minting isn’t enough I’m afraid.
@desrever put together this nice tutorial which may be of some help.
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/nubottrading/src/24a733532bd364a5643b8aaec0113d58ccb21dbf/SETUP.md?at=release/0.1.5

1 Like

I think that must be how it’s done on the Block Explorer.
Assistant doesn’t store any data, it just reports the current state. There is our historical API which might be of use but I’ll have to do some work on making it a bit more solid as it drops blocks every now and again currently.

Probably Sam is correct, try to follow the unlocking guidelines (Pay attention that the tutorial is for v0.1.5)

After you fix that error you will see a new error since 0.1.4c does not support excoin yet.

Make sure that your nu client is fully synced. You may also want to have a look into the debug.log in your .nu directory - it could contain information on why the RPC connection failed.

1 Like

It seems that the funds are in place and supporting the peg now.

1 Like

you sure? might be KTm

Sorry. I am not. :weary:

By the way, 40k nbt in buy support/30k nbt in sell support.

1 Like

I am not yet supporting the Excoin market.

My wallet was completely unlocked. I also tried a new, empty and unencrypted wallet. I took out some custom proxy settings that I thought might be impacting communication. My client is fully synced (version 0.5.3). I checked the Nu client debug log and but no entries when NuBot fails to connect. I am still getting the same error I presented earlier. I will try using 0.1.5, but I doubt that will make a change.

What is another method of connecting to the Nu client that I could employ as a test?

1 Like

Are you running the Wallet as Graphical wallet or on the command line?
Could you run on the command line and then enter the command
$ nud getinfo
and see what it says?
you should see some data returned. If not we can debug some more.

are you using a *nix system?

Can you please try opening a terminal and using curl to getinfo via RPC?

curl --user <same as in nu.conf> --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getinfo", "params": [] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:9091/    

after changing the username as in nu.conf and sending the command you will be prompted for the password.
Can you paste the output ( redact the ip address please ) ?

Are you sure that the port used by Nu is 9091? In my case, after checking the ports used by the processes (i am on Win), I realized that Win runs Nu on port 7890.
Therefore I had to change nudport and rpcport to 7890.

The default protocol port is 7890. The default RPC port is 14001. But this can be changed, like muchogusto did by setting port and rpcport.

Note that this is the RPC port for the NuShares wallet. The NuBit RPC port is at rpcport+1.

1 Like