FLOT NSR Operations (buy side)

Sure, blind auction would be fine. You dont really need a spreadsheet for that, just an email address. Unless i misunderstand you.

Sorry, I donā€™t know how blind auctions work either. :sweat:

Care to explain?

I need to eat. Iā€™ll be back.

@Nagalim, please guide @jooize on the auction in whatever easy and reliable way. You two will be saving Nu.

1 Like

Anyone else wonder where @JordanLee is? I expected heā€™d be a part of ā€œsaving Nuā€.

6 Likes

I imagine heā€™s letting us squirm for not listening to him? Or maybe heā€™s trying to come up with a plan himself and it isnā€™t ready yet?

@Sentinelrv , with all due respect, could you please stop behaving like a child? I read this several times from you now, it is enough. Thanks a lot!

I think you misinterpret what Iā€™m saying as blaming shareholders for not listening. Iā€™m not trying to tell shareholders that I agreed with Jordan and that I blame them for messing up. Iā€™m simply saying that Jordan is probably upset that we didnā€™t do what he wanted, which is why heā€™s been missing the last couple days. Sorry if I made it sound that way. I didnā€™t intend that.

Iā€™ve had some time to reflect and believe that doing what he asked us to do by putting the remaining funds on at a 1% spread would not have solved the problem. I think Jordan is right that park rates canā€™t be effective without a tight peg, but they also canā€™t be effective if the reserve is as low as ours was, because people lose confidence that they will get their money back, so they donā€™t take the risk of parking. So I agree with Jordan about a tight spread being necessary for parking to work at all, but disagree that parking would have made a difference in this situation, even with a 1% spread in place. The system canā€™t work with such low reserves. People need to have some amount of confidence for parking to work.

2 Likes

Blind auctions are simple. Say youā€™ll sell 4 million nsr by a specific time and day. Tell everyone a few ways to contact you. Advertise it. Ask them to pledge a volume of nbt at a certain nsr/nbt price. When the auction ends, ask the people with the highest bids to pony up. Pay out nsr to whatever address those people give you.

3 Likes

Two possibilities: you are right, or you are wrong.

If you are right, I will quit this project within a blink of an eye. This is supposed to be business, not kindergarten.
If you are wrong, you behave like a child.

Youā€™re right, Iā€™m sorry. I have much higher respect for Jordan than to think he would act like that and Iā€™m not even sure why the thought crossed my mind. If anything, heā€™s either taking some time to reflect on what went wrong or trying to come up with a plan to continue. Once again, sorry for suggesting that. I donā€™t believe it.

1 Like

ā€œPeershares such as NuBits and B&C Exchange are the most advanced form of decentralised blockchain governance to date. The work I have already done establishes me as the leading innovator in decentralised blockchain governance.ā€

This guy knows what he is doing :wink: Letting the community bleed for stupid reasons canā€™t be part of his repertoire. I am sure he will deliver.

3 Likes

Yes, youā€™re right. I think Iā€™m just having a bad week because of the chaos and blurted out something stupid. It happens sometimes when youā€™re under stress. Sorry to Jordan specifically.

1 Like

You got me wrong. In my future post, I will always indicate whether there is some inherent sarcasm. Sorry for expecting anyone to notice. I am not at all convinced that he will deliverā€¦
But if he doesnā€™t because he first wants the community to suffer, I am going to quit crypto in general. That would be the most stupid thing on earth Iā€™ve ever seen.

1 Like
  • Should there be a minimum price? Which?
  • How much? $2000/day was suggested by @mhps and agreed to by @cryptog, but Iā€™m not sure if or how that number converts to a blind auction which will span at least days I imagine.
  • How long should the auction be?
  • Someoneā€™s bid will likely be semi-filled. Iā€™ll simply offer them whatā€™s left. Probably obvious.

Anything else?

@cryptog @Dhume @dysconnect @masterOfDisaster @mhps @ttutdxh @woodstockmerkle

NuShare address: SWqGtyZvQoDVP8wV2HPMFcA5vK5pVBA3yh (backed up)
Amount: Undetermined.

Create transaction.

I know you might be under quite some pressure because you put a lot of money and believe into this project, but the most important thing is to stay true to yourself. Do not make any further mistakes now. Try to make well-considered decisions. Anything else will make you lose even more money.

1 Like

You could start with the 3.175 mil nsr that was supposed to be sold this week. Forget a minimum price, imo. People are just as ready to dump nbt as nsr, so it should work out in the end. The time frame is indeed the crucial question.

1 Like

Absence of Jordan is quite unnerving. Expecially considering the unlimited amount of time designated to destroy master of disaster.

3 Likes

you got it

The longer he is absent, the more impressive is the solution that I expect from him.

2 Likes

The worst thing that could be happening right now is heā€™s curled up in the fetal position with a bottle of Jack Daniels with the cold sweats. I really hope this is not the case, we need thinking not drinking.

4 Likes