Current volume

@assistant liquidity

The liquidity is rather unimpressed by the volume. That means people are trading back and forth and don’t just “park” money in NBT - that would cause the sell side to pile up.

1 Like

Hi @masterOfDisaster

The current Liquidity in the Nu network is:

45472 NBT on the sell side and 44997 NBT on the buy side.

I think you are right. So NBT is being heavily used as a trading instrument.

$ 115,485

If we were to consider volatility, market cap and trading volume in a single rating parameter per coin, I wonder how high place nubits would get?

As a provider of liquidity this is very apparent. As ALL financial markets are experiencing A LOT of instability now I am just watching money being changed from one thing to another. Either by people truing to make a $ or by people fleeing to security.

Taking a step back it is an amazing thing to watch. It is amazing because only Nu and the TLPs have enabled this. I think it is a testimony, Nu is working as it should - a true virtual dollar.

However, it is working at the expense of TLP and the network because we are making Nu to support the pools.
SO the question is how does Nu capitalize on this and use it to “make profit” if it were a company?

2 Likes

That is the question. Well now I tend to think that way: right now it is clear that Nu is in the red because the costs that come from rewarding the liquidity operations are still expensive but this would be decreased significantly once we use BCE.
I think right now we are showing the world that the peg is strong to acquire customers. This is somewhat a user acquisition cost.
Once they are acquired, we can bet that they would ask for much more NuBits, which would trigger the creation of NuBits, generating revenues that are order of magnitude higher than the costs.

At the end of the day we need to sell Nubits in great quantity, which I think would happen eventually, soon, I feel because of the huge financial crisis that is looming.

2 Likes

Concerning volume…I think we should start pushing for NBT margin trading on Polo. That is always good for increasing volume. And it would open up another lending marking for NBT.

I’ve already suggested it through feature request:
https://poloniex.com/featureRequest

I recommend everyone else do it too. And if anyone has any strings to pull…

1 Like

6th highest volume. $ 80,506

1 Like

picking back up a bit. $ 38,896

$ 2,701 despite the bitcoin’s price decrease.

What are ppl using nbt for right now?

Buying BKS, hedging, a tiny bit of arbitrage. We should try to grow that last one.

1 Like

$ 6,442

being?

B&C will boost our arbitrage numbers. Basically, people use NBT to keep the local value of BTC in-sync with our price-feed value of BTC.

i didn’t understand a word :smiley:
oh well, i’m going back to pegging!

On BCE people will buy BTC with NBT if BTC are on BCE cheaper than at other exchanges where they can sell them.
And they will sell BTC on BCE if they buy them at another exchange cheaper.
The “other exchanges” are part of the price feeds :wink:

edit: arbitrage traders will keep NBT and BTC at BCE and foreign exchanges - the transmit delay for BTC is just too big. That will require even more NBT :wink:

2 Likes

actually, what is happening now between exchanges? or it would be easier-simpler?

It’s the same as what’s happening now, except that B&C will use NBT solely as the fiat hedge whereas other exchanges tend to have more options than nbt for fiat hedging.

1 Like