I wonder what the frequency voting could do here.
I mean, a part of the not mining NSR could be in the hands of holders
- who don't follow the development and votings closely
- who don't want to register a data feed (to fight voting centralization)
- who are aware that minting without configured votes is voting against everything
- who rather waive the minting reward than sabotage voting
- who rely on the active minters and on their vote
For those who fit into this category (especially the last bullet point is important) frequency voting could help them turn on the mining, increase the overall network security and avoid drawbacks of not configuring votes.