Current Liquidity

Sell is 31% of buy .

We need to bring urgently nubits to markets if true.

1 Like

The sell wall on Poloniex has been depleted. Again. I hope liquidity providers can confirm it’s not due to any pybot / nubot malfunction.

Let’s just say perhaps Nubits are suddenly in high demand. In the last 12 hours only a few thousand NBT were transacted on the blockchain. Most of the recently bought NBT must still be sitting on the exchanges, and they are not going into NSR, but they aren’t put in liquidity pools to earn interest either.

I’d be extremely happy to finally see some hint at real growth, but to be cautious I assume it’s too good to be true. Is somebody trying to pump and dump us?

1 Like

Bitcoin is going down, so people try to hedge using NBT. I would be cautious providing large amounts of NBT on BTC pairs. Most likely you will loose money as BTC may go down further. When it goes up you will see the market flooded with NBT again.

3 Likes

If I were a trader I wouldn’t complain because this free lunch is unavailiable when everyone wanted it. Also on poloniex Tether’s peg has the same liquidity problem AND worse in volume and spread. The situation is not ideal but not dire.

@assistant liquidity

Right now sell side is 65k and buy side is 107k. That means only 37.7% of the wall is on the sell side. Because this is beyond the 40% threshold, FSRT will begin selling NBT in the open market until the walls are balanced. A thread will be opened to conduct the sale shortly.

3 Likes

@assistant liquidity

Hi @mhps

The current total liquidity in the Nu network is:

Bid: 96228.8082 NBT
Ask: 107751.5547 NBT

It is broken down in the following manner:

Tier 1:
    Bid: 56296.7351 NBT
    Ask: 55733.5731 NBT

Tier 2:
    Bid: 6415.72 NBT
    Ask: 5773.7073 NBT

Tier 3:
    Bid: 26043.6 NBT
    Ask: 40943.0 NBT

15 hours later … btc breaks out. Traders dump nbt. Wall balance restored. FSRT selling canceled , for now ?
We need a better way.

FSRT should always be available (24/7) helping custodians balancing walls in LPs :wink:

What IS the difference between FSRT and LPs? Why not reinstate a bunch of shareholder-funded custodians which we ended who have 7/24 attention?

1 Like

@assistant liquidity

Hi @JordanLee

Bid: 97915.628 NBT
Ask: 103370.5297 NBT

Tier 1:
    Bid: 58060.531 NBT
    Ask: 51852.4421 NBT

Tier 2:
    Bid: 6881.72 NBT
    Ask: 5273.7073 NBT

Tier 3:
    Bid: 26043.6 NBT
    Ask: 40943.0 NBT

With 51.3% of liquidity on the sell side it is time to stop injecting tier 4 sell side liquidity into the market. FSRT is very close, but was not quite ready to bring liquidity into the market due to a couple factors I believe will be explained soon (technicalities regarding safe handling of the considerable funds in their possession).

According, I brought 7479 NBT to market, which yielded 22.19 BTC, which now sits in tier 4 buy side liquidity, ready to contribute to share buyback.

1 Like

i think the differencies are:

1. 1 NBT = 1 USD without spread and other exchanes’ factors
  2. no exchanges default risk
    a manual non profit B&C exchange :stuck_out_tongue:
1 Like

So you’re just saying we should make the FSRT a private escrow service? We do pay a fee to FSRT, that kind of business is not a free venture (just as B&C must pay its signers). I’d rather just wait for B&C.

I think you’ll find that any time Nu interacts with T1-3 directly we experience a loss. I’d much rather push back the threshold for direct interference by Nu rather than push it up. For example, we’re going to start selling NBT at 0.998 USD now from the FSRT.

My interpretation of these events is that we are having a hard time promoting T4 funds to T3. We need someone who will buy our counterparty risk, and no one feels comfortable stepping up. I see that as an issue with how that risk is being packaged and offered rather than an issue with the magnitude of risk: it’s really not much risk to hold a bunch of NBT when the peg is breaking upwards.

1 Like

Very good question?

the BTC rally reminds me the period back in 2013 when it went above 1000$
if this happens also here, then NBT/BTC pairs will face a big challenge!

1 Like

@assistant liquidity

Hi @dysconnect

Bid: 119809.2439 NBT
Ask: 84723.6339 NBT

Tier 1:
    Bid: 62350.021 NBT
    Ask: 36722.7129 NBT

Tier 2:
    Bid: 10251.02 NBT