Cointoolkit FLOT guide and changelog

i don’t know why… only error at broadcast

But with what coin??

sorry for nbt

Merged pull request from @backpacker to add nuexplorer.ddns.net provider to Cointoolkit.

Thank you for your contribution, keep it up!

6 Likes

Nice to see commits activities for this project.

Cointoolkit may work as an alt easy way to use client-side wallet in the near future so that noobs don’t get required to download all gigabytes from blockchain before using Nu.

1 Like

Right. I have put it under wallet part of the suggested wikipedia contents

It’s not quite suitable for noobs yet as it’s easy to send all change to tx fee. Some safety net need to be in place.

I agree about the change danger.

A BIG warning msg should be displayed for that situation, shouldn’t it?

When creating a tx a warning shows up if the fee is bigger than 0.011. Will have to hard code a different value for every currency though.

When the NSR tx was made a few days ago I noticed that the fee was never displayed, nor when verifying and signing. Was it a bug?

Blockexplorer woes

OK. Thanks. Would be nice give this explanation as part of the warning when the explorer is down. I thought whoever generated the tx had forgotten to set fee.

I didn’t forget the fee. And without the fee, the tx wouldn’t have been processed, but it did.
It’s just strange, that it wasn’t displayed, but @ttutdxh explained why.

@backpacker, any idea, why I can’t create an NSR tx using your Cointoolkit fork and nuexplorer.ddns.net?

I tried that when I realized that @ttutdxh’s Cointoolkit couldn’t create the tx, because blockexplorer.nu was reported as down.
Then I tried @ttutdxh’s Cointoolkit with nuexplorer.ddns.net. Didn’t work either.

The thing is: neither nuexplorer.ddns.net nor blockexplorer.nu is down at the moment.

Since cointoolkit is using helper api from yahoo, we are out of luck when that’s playing up. Logs show no abnormalities, requests from yahoo come and answered correctly, but yahoo doesn’t respond properly back to the browser.

It’s working now, for me anyway.

1 Like

Not working here, but thank you for the explanation.

Actually after a bit of debugging, it seems that @ttutdxh multisig code expects data.result.json.json which does not exist in yahoo reply, since there’s only one output available for the address you are using. My internet is very bad so I’ll try to fix that tomorrow if @ttutdxh doesn’t get to do it first.

1 Like

Please don’t. This is a hack to circumvent CORS policy on the browser. This is the second hack to it (before we used a cors proxy) and as you would expect it is far from perfect.

What needs to be fixed is the API in the blockexplorer to include a “Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *” header with all the API requests. That is the only way this will be solved for good.

2 Likes

I’ve added access control allow origin header to nuexplorer.

I’ve also modified my version of coin toolkit to deal with single output properly.

4 Likes

Dir you already lose count how often I told you that you are amazing?

This was possible thanks to you:

I hope we finally get the NSR there…
Now it depends on the FLOT NSR group.

@ttutdxh unfortunately BKS is automatically send in 1 BKS transactions which leads to a huge list for the inputs on cointoolkit link. Could you adjust Cointoolkit for BKS so that the transactions are grouped by transaction ID?

1 Like