Anybody knows what is reason for situation at Bter?

Soo… Does this mean the NBT will be retrievable after all?

not just 93300.908 NBT worth 354.0769 BTC and the 174 BTC it seems

I also notice bter as limit now of 50 daily withdrawal the custodian might wanna look in too that and shareholder might need revise funds seem bter as a new wallet manager JUA

just saying.

1 Like

@NubitGuy Thank you for providing these updates! I’ve appreciated BTER’s approach - full honesty, regular updates, and a detailed plan on how to not only improve future operations, but pay back the stolen funds. It will be interesting to see if other traders feel the same way.

2 Likes

I wonder if this is why they haven’t cleared out the old buy orders yet. Is anyone else understanding this to mean that the Buy orders on the BTER order books are backed by this 500 BTC?

What the hell is BTC_B? How do I see my bitcoins?
edit: nvm, I can see my btc balance behind the BTC_B name, whatever that means, so at least there is a correct number in their debt database at this moment.

And why can’t I withdraw NSR?! What’s with that? Are they secretly minting NSR and selling the rewards to pay back their BTC debt?

1 Like

Bter is up and I can see my NSR again. I hope it works-out for everyone as well

Wishing my fellow Nushares holder & Bter all the best.

cant withdrawal because they didn’t enable withdrawals yet should be today or tomorrow not just nsr a lot coin are stock right now don’t know about minting a lot do it its easy to find out when you look at transfer address you end up with the exchange minting wallet address I don’t mind exchange minting it as it up and down it help for confirmation but also can dump it back on the market I mean nsr is already taken a few hits no more dividends & being auction off not a good direction I think and im sure im not the only one concerned by this the down trend and lack of support with NBT sells in btc some of the nbt/btc sell profit should be use to buy nsr’s back to rise prices give some profit back to nuShareholders NSR - Supported NBT. nbt should Support NSR

If the exchange is minting NSR blocks then you better hope they vote for the right motions! If they mint but don’t vote then they are actually voting against everyone else.

I’ve have been on bter buying up a bit hope it helps keep it green :stuck_out_tongue:

I was actually able to withdraw all of the BTC I had in BTER because I never cancelled any of my buy orders until trading was enabled. I hope many other shareholders were as lucky as me in this regard.

PSA: If you still have buy orders open on BTER from before the hack, you can now cancel them AND withdraw the BTC.

Access to the Bter custodian balance has been reestablished. Unfortunately, it looks like the hack took place during a wall shift and before the BTC orders were put back up, so the majority of it is missing. ~175 BTC is outstanding. ~12 BTC is still in the account. Everything else looks like it should. I will provide a full report tomorrow.

Jamie

I was able to withdraw 5% of my BTC. Today I was able to request NSR withdraw but those amateurs haven’t sent me any of it yet! It’s been an hour soon and my withdraw is not visible in any kind of history. My NSR just disappeared from my account and I haven’t received an incoming TX.

edit: it’s been 4 hours now and still no incoming transaction. at least I can now see my withdraw request when I clicked on “withdraw nushares” link. It is still “processing”.

I tried a small amount and its still processing going on 9 hours now I open a ticket their response

Bter Support

Dear Sir,
We are processing the withdrawal as fast as we are possible

Please kindly wait for some more time.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards
Bter.com

1 Like

It appears we are still waiting for BTER to get the NSR wallet working, though it will let you submit a withdraw request. At least that is my current view of the situation. Any word on whether or not BTER has a functional NuBits wallet yet?

One scary thing I noticed is that my NSR deposit address is the same as from before the hack. It’s pretty cheap to generate a new address. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just did a withdraw request and it let me do it, at the moment it’s "processing"
I’ll post once it’s completed and in my wallet.

It’s been an hour and it’s still processing my withdraw, I guess there trying to be safe and do every transaction manually. I’ll keep you guys posted.

nsr is not the only coin not processing I tested a few different coins same issue im thinking bter just doesn’t have the nsr probably sold a lot altcoins to refund the 500btc and wallet B most exchanges use withdrawals from other users deposit address maybe they need more deposit or some other problem not resolved

In my case, I deposited bitcoin yesterday in my account to purchase some more NSR. my buy orders went through and my withdraw looked like it worked.
So at the time of writing my withdraw request is still pending after 7 hours.

and who would buy such a large amout of nsr from them? :smiley: nsr market has no liquidity. but I also suspected that they may not have all the altcoins and they decided to keep quiet about it. I even figured that they opened the exchange for trading while only having fractional reserves of their users’ accounts. now they are just seeing how many would immediately withdraw everything and how many would continue trading as if nothing happened. if most people kept trading as nothing happened then enabling trading while being insolvent would actually make economic sense.