Allcoin down? DDOS?

I believe it has most of the current liquidity of NuNet.

well sorry it seems that poloniex has most of the buy liquidity: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_nbt

131 btc.

I assume you can get nubits custodial grant if you get 50% votes

1 Like

My proof of concept is not finished yet.

I guess the DDOS protection they said they had was not good?

Looking at the error message in the OP… maybe not… or not paid for.

DDoS attack and site service plan does not cover DDoS mitigation? Their site says they have DDoS protection. So they lied?

Let’s hope for a statement from allcoin on this.

According to their twitter everything is working. I don’t think they are a reliable source of information.

They claim to have been DDOS’d by DD4BC. If this is true and they now make some cloudfare contract to get their site back up temporarily, then I strongly suggest to remove all funds from that exchange, because then it is just the begin of a well known story.

The “hacker” from the trollbox mentioned earlier most certainly was not DD4BC since they usually prefer a private correspondence with the exchange owners. I guess there is not much be can do right now except following their twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/AllCoinEx

can you shed some light on this?

Their method is to blackmail exchange owners to pay them BTC to avoid a DDoS or an exploit they claim to have found. The first bigger player they targeted was Bitalo and since then Bitalo is offering a 100 BTC bounty to find their identities:

http://www.hackbusters.com/news/stories/149283-100-bitcoin-bounty-slapped-onto-head-of-blackmailer-who-ddosed-bitalo

They are also behind the DDoS on Excoin and possibly also made the theft possible with that:

Of course there is an unknown number of exchanges who simply paid to get rid of them. An exchange like bitfinex surely can laugh about those groups, however they can be a serious threat to a small exchange like Allcoin.

@Excoin Would you mind to share the experience you had with them?

2 Likes

Okay, thank you. I thought it had something to do with them switching to cloudflare, meaning that this would impose them with further risks.

No cloudfare will probably be able to help them getting the site back up, just as they were able to get excoin back up to a certain degree. But the DDoS can lead to many problems and may even reveal exploits which weren’t possible before and which might never have been considered.

creon they claimed they already had DDOS protection on their site. They lied about it or they lie about DDOS and it isn’t happening. They could be using DD4BC as cover for other things happening since they have made a popular name now. Maybe the hacker from the trollbox was right and now they use DD4BC for cover?

Yes I can perfectly imagine that.

I believe there is a group targeting NuBit, maybe BitShares is invovled since negative marketing against NuBit. Attacks have went after all the primary NuBit exchange.

I doubt BitShares has resources to do this.

My guess is that exchanges running Nu are easy to locate as we have small network, it is easy to deduct which IP is the exchange.
So, maybe this attacks aim at backend directly.

Then why no error page? All 1 server?

Probably.