[Passed] Motion Dual side Nubot gateway in Poloniex @zoro - term 2

Ready for voting. If it passes it will cover the period from 10/3 up to 10/5. After 10/5 a new grant with 249 NBT will be required for the payment.

Please vote this proposal as a motion with below address:
ee20086eb56a8a7b0f722227086b05de9941a293

After the first term passed proposal which officially comes to an end on the 8th of March

i would like to make a second term proposal.
The new proposal will be much cheaper, with less work for the operator and will make room for other nubots in Poloniex to operate in parallel.
Changes from the original proposal are in bold.

Motion RIPEMD160 hash: ee20086eb56a8a7b0f722227086b05de9941a293

=##=##=##=##=##=## Motion hash starts with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Dual side Nubot gateway in Poloniex @zoro - term 2Intro:@zoro - below called ā€œthe operatorā€ - will run a dual side NuBot on Poloniex. The liquidity is being broadcast using a custodial address to allow tracking the liquidity situation of the bot.The operator promises to send all funds to a FLOT multisig address upon request of a majority of the FLOT members or by a passed NSR holder motion.

Availability:The operator offers to check for Nubotā€™s good operation twice per day , every day and even replace the Nubotā€™s server with a second one in another physical location if the original location has permanent power or internet outage!

Begin of operation:Operation begins on the day NuBot puts the first deposit of funds by FLOT on the order book.In case NuBot is on standby (not running) and the FLOT deposits funds, operation will begin on the day NuBot gets started and puts orders on the book.

End of operation:Operation is ceased by request of withdrawal of all funds or if operator sends all funds to FLOT multisig address(es). NuBot is put on standby afterwards.The remaining grant fees will be burned or send to a FLOTā€™s NBT address.If for any reason the operator has to stop Nubot for a period of time or permanently before the end of the contract, it will be communicated beforehand.

Modes of withdrawal:NSR holders can request withdrawal by motion.The operator may withdraw funds to a FLOT multisig address after a request from FLOT membersonce per week or sooner if necessary.

Compensation scheme:The operator charges 250 NBT for 60 days of operation.If the operation is ceased by FLOT or NSR holder request before the end of this period, the remaining fees will be burnt or send to a FLOTā€™s NBT address.

Reasoning for compensation:Nubot will be running in a personal win7 64 powerful server 24/7 and its good operation will be monitored twice per day.

Premature activation:If the FLOT deposits funds at the operatorā€™s exchange account, they will be used by the operator as if this motion already passed.

=##=##=##=##=##=## Motion hash ends with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

http://assistant.mj2p.co.uk/ee20086eb56a8a7b0f722227086b05de9941a293.txt

1 Like

If there are no comments, i will prepare the grant for voting tomorrow :slight_smile:

Ready for voting. If it passes it will cover the period from 10/3 up to 10/5. After 10/5 a new grant with 249 NBT will be required for the payment.

BET6WJctWyC6wpRfE9ytrVDHJSb8duG1kE , 1 NBT

I donā€™t have the impression that this is much cheaper. I think it is too expensive for a single NuBot given the above.
Not adding this to my feed just yet.

Itā€™s not an impression thing. Itā€™s an objective truth that this proposal is cheaper than the last.

Maybe Iā€™m struggling with the word ā€˜muchā€™?

50% of the cost isnt ā€˜muchā€™ to you?

Ok, you got me there when reading this again. The difference is in the timeframe. Previous proposal was for 30 days, this one is for 60 days. Still think it is high given the amount of work when running mulitiple bots as zoro does. Initial setup requires a some work, but when up and running it doesnā€™t warrant high fees imo.

I dunno, heā€™s gonna check it twice a day. Heā€™s getting paid like a pool operator, 125 nbt/month. It would be intense to do like a 80% pay reduction all at once in my opinion. 50% is a pretty good start though.

A pool operator has to take care of a server. Hosting, securing it, DNS/domain names, certificates and all kinds of sysadmin stuff. That is not required for NuBot which runs on a standard Windows or Ubuntu installation out of the box.

Thatā€™s why I can justifiy the initial high fee, setting up the NuBot as they did successfully during last term. Ongoing there is way less maintenance than running a pool I can assure you from my own experience.

Meh, ive experienced it too and im unconvinced that running nubot is any easier than running pybot. Setting up the server is initial costs, i havent touched dns stuff in 6 months (and nubot also has to be secure lest someone take control of the api keys and custodial address). The biggest thing for pool operator is checking up on it when it goes down. Zoro is going to check up on his bot twice a day, which is of comparable work to checking up on the pybot script as an operator.

Well a little bit off-topic but required to underline my position the work Iā€™m doing to run PyBot server. Just to name a few key differences:

• Clearing out logs and securing them for future analyses of delivery
  • Cost of server hosting, backups and package updates

Re security:

• Updating server certificates and domain name once a year including the ongoing costs of them.
  • Cost of security measures e.g. subscription to Cloudflare.

I can run NuBot (and PyBot) on any PC, laptop, tablet and Raspberry Pi without all the above costs and effort.

Logs are definately still a nubot thing. Server + backups is like $25/month. Domain name is like $1/month (not sure what a certificate is). Cloudflare isnā€™t necessary if weā€™re considering a barebones alp operation, like one on hitbtc or cryptsy that isnt expected to have a huge number of participants. Then again, the cryptsy pool was run with a 30 nbt operator fee.

With certificates Iā€™m referring to PKI certificates. These prevent man-in-the-middle attacks by uniquely identifying servers. Iā€™m using them for communications with Cloudflare. Cloudflare is a protection against denial-of-service attacks. It anonymises/changes the IP of the site. My experience is that these are minimal services are required to run public sites on the internet. Our own forum and website are also secured with these type of measures, nothing extraordinary.

So maybe we do agree that the fee is too high? :slight_smile:

Not sure how well this meshes.

It looks reasonable.

The ā€œtwo times per dayā€ is an understatement actually :slightly_smiling:
As long as i am working online i am able to check nubot, thus the ā€œone timeā€ could be 4-8 hours straight.
Nubot proves to be very stable under windows (although java needs 1GB ram and 100% of 1 coreā€™s cpu time)
Thus i am not expecting the QoS to be lower. I just wanted to make a less stressful for me and a more cheaper proposal for NU.
Moreover, nubot gateways are the best assets we have to defend the peg and this comes with a cost. ALP and MLP prove to be ineffective in dire situations in Poloniex although their operators do a great job, ALP users have their own ā€œagentaā€.
I am always in a constant effort to evaluate gateways. (work in progress)
In the future i am expecting a ā€œfixed costā€ proposal by FLOT for nubot gateways. :wink:

I finally got the hash from assistant and have updated the original post accordingly.

Please have a look at this as well:

I suppose i need to vote for a custodial grant here, right?

EDIT: voted.

1 Like