Undistributed NuShares

I updated my bitmessage a few days ago. I would recommend all others to do so if they have not already.

I sent @JordanLee another bitmessage after updating to make sure he received my reply to purchase NuShares. I have received an acknowledgement of message received. I am already approved to purchase NuShares. I am so close to getting my NuShares and participating on the network. Back to the waiting game for now … :v:

2 Likes

You can always buy on the open market…hehe

that’s weird, I have updated long time ago and most of my messages to @JordanLee are displaying “Message sent. Waiting for acknowledgement.” Could it be some timezone difference related problem? For example if JL is located on the other side of the planet then maybe we are never online at the same time and messages will thus never reach JL?

That could be, but it also may be a version mismatch.

Hmm, what price are people buying at? Open market ripping people off?

As far as I know, a few people are in line to buy at the previous USD 0.0018 or 0.002 or 0.0025 prices. Right now, the price in this thread is USD 0.005 (with a 1 million NSR minimum purchase), which is pretty close to the open market price right now. Jordan may raise the price in this thread at any time.

1 Like

Depending on the approved price. The 0.005 price was announced on Nov 5. It seems that some people were approved before then but are still having problems.

I am one - I will send a new BM to JL in the next day or two

I sent the messages again for the 3rd time yesterday and now it’s finally showing “Acknowledgement of the message received…”

No reply though but I’m pretty sure the messages went through this time.

All I want for Christmas are undistributed NuShares from @JordanLee or :santa:

3 Likes

Undistributed NuShares will now cost 0.0075 NBT for new purchase requests. They may be purchased with PPC or BTC for an equivalent of 0.0076 NBT.

We have put the brakes on NuShares sales recently as we wait for data feed functionality that will allow the network to gracefully handle a greater degree of centralization. We are very close to having a public beta for version 0.5.3, which supports the consumption of data feeds. So, soon distribution will continue in earnest. Everyone who has requested shares when they were a lower price will get the lower price. When you make an initial request, please specify a quantity of NuShares you wish to purchase.

Sorry the distribution process has created so much frustration.

No scam ever prevented people sending money to it to the extent we have. Instead, we have paid large sums to expand product development while refusing funds (at least for the time being) from many people. This is frustrating, but not very scam-like. Just thought I would point that out. Developing our product and seeing it succeed brings me joy, much more so than receiving funds. Still, we need funding and we need to give more people a financial stake in our success.

7 Likes

It’s all good and everything but I haven’t received any indicator that my request to buy nushares is even considered. I only received the initial reply from bitmessage which is now about 3 months old. I have sent several new bitmessages and even a personal message to you because in case my nushare buying request is denied I’d like to know about it so I won’t bother to ask again. If it’s not denied and I will indeed get the nushares with the original price then I have no problem waiting. However, keeping the funds in hope of one day buying those nushares at the initial price is a bit weird. For example, if I knew for sure that you won’t sell me those nushares I’d invest the funds elsewhere.

Sorry Hyena. A reply has just been sent to you via Bitmessage.

Thank you! I sent you a reply over the BM protocol. I forgot to mention that, if the amount of nushares you offered was indeed the maximum limit I could acquire, then I would purchase that amount of nushares.

Like Hyena, I also sent a bitmessage according to the guidelines. My client is showing “Acknowledgement of the message received Sat, 06 Dec 2014”.

Hi @JordanLee . Did you have the time to have a look at my BM acknowledged on 13DEC14? Just asking. I know you are extremely busy…Tks a lot in advance. It would be great if I could get an answer, even very short.

Just to let you know, I have my nubits ready and reserved for the purchase. The drop in bitcoin’s price lately made me acquire a lot more nubits so if we can finish the deal while BTC trades under 300$ I’d be happy :D. Also, since I’m minting nushares 24/7 the shares would immediately be put into good use, securing the network.

Jordan Lee I sent you two messages on Friday November 28th and again two weeks later on Dec. 12th. BM indicates you have received these messages.

I do not mean to complicate things further. I wish to proceed with the purchase regardless of the answer to my questions.

I am eagerly awaiting version 0.5.3 and the continuance of NuShare distribution.

@JordanLee can you please confirm that I will eventually become shareholder. Do you have any intention of selling them to me?

I’m on the waiting list since 14.09.2014, I’m not sure what to think so many months latter.

I do not want to be pushy or anything, it has just been so long and communication with you is really hard. I just want to know should I give up or keep trying.

Thank you.

it sounds like releasing new shares is on hold until nu 0.5.3 is out

I can’t speak for Jordan but with your work on peerbox if it were up to me you’d definitely be getting shares…

1 Like