Undistributed NuShares

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to send another message even though I tried that already few weeks ago.

Glock
I was approved for purchase in September and had an message from Jordan asking me several questions. I replied late Sept, and resent in early October, but have yet to hear

Be sure to date your message in the text. It seems that my Bitmessage changes dates of sent messages according to when the receiving end receives / opens / replies it. It also tries to re-send old message again possiblly because the receiving party has deleted it after replying. It would really confuse the receiver, and hence cause you trouble, if he receive the same message again after having replied it.

@RobertLloyd I can see that I am not the only one in the same situation, thank you for the info.

@mhps thank you for the advice

Do you know if itā€™s possible to export reception ACK from BitMessage and how to use it as a ā€œprove of sentā€?
I donā€™t even know if Iā€™m ā€œapprovedā€ for purchase, if no - Iā€™d be glad to know that. ACK of request received 18 Oct.
Cheers

I also contacted you with BM a month ago and I got an initial reply that asked me to send a new message to another BM address. I did that but havenā€™t got any reply. I guess my message was lost then? I am still interested in buying a lot of nushares. I guess I must send a new bitmessage?

1 Like

thank god that :smiley:

1 Like

Peercoin and Nubits community is the best Iā€™ve ever seen.

2 Likes

May I ask what version of BM JL is using? My friend used 0.4.2 far too long and at some point he didnā€™t receive any messages from me and I didnā€™t receive messages from him. Then he upgraded his BitMessage to 0.4.4 and everything started to work again. I sent a message to the address I received as an answer to the nushares buying request yesterday and it still shows ā€œMessage sent. Waiting for ACK.ā€

Some of the brightest minds in the world are working with Peercoin and Nubits

Exactly. Impressive job and I can see the dev team growing. I noticed new ids in the peerunity dev team when the 0.1.2 released.

I am just hopeful I can participate, still waiting on my NuSharesā€¦

Not to say I can not contribute without them, but there is no financial incentive to do so. I do wish to help the Nu economy grow for ideological reasons as I believe that it can bring about benevolent change.

1 Like

This happened to me too! Glad to see I am not alone! Writing a post right away!

1 Like

It is a lot better than on 0.4.2, but I still have issues with acknowledgements by the network after Iā€™ve sent a message. Havenā€™t figured out why that happens sometimes even with the same people. It is hard to test as you donā€™t know how other people behave (e.g. go off-line, restart client, use ToR etc.). Hope next version improves this aspect.

@Cybnate ā€œnot acknowledgedā€ means the sendee has not opened the msg yet ā€”> at least this is my interpretation .

1 Like

You can only for sure say that the acknowledgement has not been received by the sender; itā€™s possible that the recipient has received the message, sent an ack, but this was somehow lost (would it be resent? is the receipt of an ack confirmed in bitmessage?). Or the recipient didnā€™t send an ack because of a malfunction of the application, etcā€¦
There are a lot of possibilities what can go wrong when trying to establish a reliable communication.

2 Likes

I have examples where the recipient did receive the message, but I have never received the ack. It makes it hard as you are forced to resend messages to ensure they have received it. Looking at the BM forum, the devs are still active, so I still hope that this will be fixed rather sooner than later.

I have some old message in my sent box that has been answered months ago. Now the client starts to do work to send them again every time I turn on the client. I donā€™t want to remove these message and the client doesnā€™t allow to archive old sent messages. I donā€™t want the old message to get resend again. So basically I have stopped turning on my BM client :frowning:

@Cybnate i am having the same experience here. i sent a msg to JL recently with no acknowledgement yet though all my msgs were acknowledged almost immediately so far. i tried sending a msg to a friend for testing purposes. same thing. no ack but he confirmed he did get it. weird.

@JordanLee Hi Jordan. I sent you a message on 08DEC14 (to you and your representative ?). Since it was not acknowledged, I decided to resend it to you today (12DEC14) just in case.
Sorry if you got it twice.
Looking forward to your reply.