Undistributed NuShares

This reminds me of Bitshares DPOS (delegated PoS). I don’t know the implementation details of DPOS, but I like what I expect from Nu with feeds:

• NSR holders remain responsible for minting
  • the voting is assisted by feeds and requires less frequently activity
  • the responsibility for comparing the data from the feeds with the own preferences remains
  • the feeds can be subscribed or unsubscribed to as one likes
  • there’s no reason to keep a feed subscribed unless it provides information the share holder finds valuable
  • subscribing and unsubscribing to a feed is possible at any time (how to get gid of a DPOS delegate at Bitshares?)

I expect free feeds, but maybe there will be paid ones as well. Providing a feed is not necessarily something that is close to a full time job, although I can imagine that providers of feeds are active in the forum. They need to be active because share holders need to get a feeling for how the attitude of the feed provider is.
The first feeds will be provided by some that are already well-known, though.

One might dream of a future where participation in political decisions can be achieved on such a base!

1 Like

I have been lurking on this forum daily since its public inception with plans to improve the Nu economy. Yet, currently there is no financial incentive for me to do so, besides a promise of NuShares extending well over 3 months.

There are ulterior profit models to the Nu network that have yet to be exploited. These will have supplementary benefits to NuShares. This is what I am currently working on. Contributing to the Nu network albeit fulfilling, ultimately lacks a direct financial incentive.

1 Like

@kschneezy has been discussing real (non-crypto) business based on peershares in peercointalk. I would love to see @kschneezy starting the second application of peershares after Nu. Getting @kschneezy onboard Nu is a wise choice.

3 Likes

I think that the OP should be edited to reflect the current status of things. This is the most read thread in the forum.

3 Likes

I send the bm msg on 17th OCT,and another msg is on 07 DEC,But i don’t receive anything;If i can’t buy NSR ,please reply for me ,thanks!

Because undistributed nushares are sold at fixed $ prices, is that the reason why NSR goes down agains BTC each time BTC has made significant upward moves? This puts us in a very interesting and uncommon situation amongst other altcoins. Usually altcoin prices correlate to BTC. I’d even say that such independence from BTC is actually a very good sign because that essentially says I’m not holding all my eggs in the same basket.

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3786.msg36679#msg36679
off topic

1 Like

I want to sell a larger amount of NuShares (a few 100k). Is there a good possibility outside the exchanges?

700 million or 70% of the 1 billion NuShares initially created have been distributed.

2 Likes

I’ll let Coinmarketcap.com know. Expect our ranking to jump a bit.

Coinmarketcap.com has updated our supply to 708,819,902 NSR.

1 Like

Could we have an update on the above?
Tks!

EDIT: @JordanLee If you have some time, could you disclose the monthly reports for April 2015? in “Public monthly reports including the following information will be produced:”

How many distributed shares so far?and how many remain undistributed? how many are waiting to be burnt?

Now that the protocol shift to 2.0 has passed, my understanding is that the remaining NSRs will be burnt, which makes the total NSRs in circulation amount to roughly 850m; is that correct?

My understanding is that 2.0 is being tested (have a look at the remark regarding testnet!) and not yet the current version on the network.
Only after 2.0 is the current version on the productive network the requirements for burning the NSR are met.
If the would be burnt now, there couldn’t be any created if need be.
The NSR burning has to wait a little longer.

I am not sure.

And

I interpret that the protocol is altered (regardless of its testing), therefore JL must burn the remaining undistributed NSRs (150m NSRs ?)

Let us ask him directly.

Nu 2.0 has been deployed to the production chain.
JL has now 60 days to burn the remaining NSRs.

1 Like

How many NSRs remain undistributed at this stage and need to be burned exactly?

3 Likes

I too am excited to see this happen, but just to be technically correct, don’t forgot about …

The protocol will not change until 90% of users have upgraded and the switch date has passed, which is the 25th of Aug.

2 Likes