Undistributed NuShares

NuShares have been distributed to a number of people I am quite confident will configure their vote properly without data feeds being available yet. @peerchemist is chief among those who have not received NuShares due to dropped communications. I received a frustrated Bitmessage from him some time ago and I replied with a detailed message expressing my admiration of his work and my hope that he would do similar work for Nu as a shareholder. I gather he didn’t receive that. Bitmessage is working quite well now, so please try again and I will give it my immediate attention. I will make sure requests from @Glock, @Hyena and @RobertLloyd’s requests right away as well, as I am confident they will configure their vote and remain actively involved in the project as opposed to being passive investors.

It is not hard to understand why I want to wait to distribute NuShares in most cases when you see posts like this:

LOL!

Data feeds are a part of the original design and we can develop them to where they are enabled by default upon initial installation without favouring any specific data feed provider (randomly select data feeds where chances are weighted by current popularity). I expect we will have the first data feed betas available for at least some OSs within days. So data feeds are coming very soon. I ask for everyone’s patience and hope you can understand my desire to avoid the chaotic effect uninformed voting has on the network.

7 Likes

As we don’t have “void vote” minting, waiting for feeds seems to be the best choice.
Uninformed voting could very well ruin the whole Nu by making it impossible to get any custodian or motion vote above 50%…

Okay. BM sent @JordanLee

I’ve been wondering, can anyone create a data feed? And I’m wondering how many feeds will be available at launch and who will be managing them. For example, CoinGame or Ben might manage their own data feeds and if we usually agree with the voting decisions of one person more than the other, we can choose which person’s feed to use. This assumes you wouldn’t want to manage your own voting. Or maybe you’re going to go on a long vacation and don’t want to be bothered with it, so you defer your voting to somebody else while you’re gone.

Anyone can create a data feed. We’ve been working with some community members to get feedback on the implementation and documentation. There will be multiple resources available with the beta release to inform people how to use data feeds and how to create them. I think data feeds is one of the most exciting aspects for the future of Nu. It adds an entire layer above the network for services to be developed by community members that will support ecosystem.

1 Like

As an aside, one possible future state that Nu might arrive at is one that mirrors the current political system. Different economic think tanks will publish their own data feeds that adhere to a core ideology and campaign to have NuShareholders “vote” for them by selecting an official think tank data feed. They might even go so far as to begin offering their own LPCs and development proposals too. Should this future state occur, voting could be paralyzed if a variety of strong think tanks existed that refused to vote for other think tank proposals.

It’s an interesting thought experiment. In the origins of democracy, every citizen had a seat at the table until the the size of the represented population grew too large to make this process efficient. Political parties were then established to represent the interests of like-minded citizens. I expect Nu to evolve to that point one day.

Just a side thought that is an extension of one of Nu’s core benefits - complete shareholder control of the network (including publishing independent data feeds).

3 Likes

Is the release of the data feed beta going to coincide with the NuBits video?

The two are unrelated. The video is complete and is being prepared for presentation on the front page of www.nubits.com. Expect some good news this week.

I see. Well still, with the feeds, the video and the Android wallet Nu will be busy next week.

Thank you for the reply and for the information. More communication as such was very much needed.

I will wait for a reply on BM, hopefully it will happen soon.

This reminds me of Bitshares DPOS (delegated PoS). I don’t know the implementation details of DPOS, but I like what I expect from Nu with feeds:

• NSR holders remain responsible for minting
  • the voting is assisted by feeds and requires less frequently activity
  • the responsibility for comparing the data from the feeds with the own preferences remains
  • the feeds can be subscribed or unsubscribed to as one likes
  • there’s no reason to keep a feed subscribed unless it provides information the share holder finds valuable
  • subscribing and unsubscribing to a feed is possible at any time (how to get gid of a DPOS delegate at Bitshares?)

I expect free feeds, but maybe there will be paid ones as well. Providing a feed is not necessarily something that is close to a full time job, although I can imagine that providers of feeds are active in the forum. They need to be active because share holders need to get a feeling for how the attitude of the feed provider is.
The first feeds will be provided by some that are already well-known, though.

One might dream of a future where participation in political decisions can be achieved on such a base!

1 Like

I have been lurking on this forum daily since its public inception with plans to improve the Nu economy. Yet, currently there is no financial incentive for me to do so, besides a promise of NuShares extending well over 3 months.

There are ulterior profit models to the Nu network that have yet to be exploited. These will have supplementary benefits to NuShares. This is what I am currently working on. Contributing to the Nu network albeit fulfilling, ultimately lacks a direct financial incentive.

1 Like

@kschneezy has been discussing real (non-crypto) business based on peershares in peercointalk. I would love to see @kschneezy starting the second application of peershares after Nu. Getting @kschneezy onboard Nu is a wise choice.

3 Likes

I think that the OP should be edited to reflect the current status of things. This is the most read thread in the forum.

3 Likes

I send the bm msg on 17th OCT,and another msg is on 07 DEC,But i don’t receive anything;If i can’t buy NSR ,please reply for me ,thanks!

Because undistributed nushares are sold at fixed $ prices, is that the reason why NSR goes down agains BTC each time BTC has made significant upward moves? This puts us in a very interesting and uncommon situation amongst other altcoins. Usually altcoin prices correlate to BTC. I’d even say that such independence from BTC is actually a very good sign because that essentially says I’m not holding all my eggs in the same basket.

http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=3786.msg36679#msg36679
off topic

1 Like

I want to sell a larger amount of NuShares (a few 100k). Is there a good possibility outside the exchanges?

700 million or 70% of the 1 billion NuShares initially created have been distributed.

2 Likes

I’ll let Coinmarketcap.com know. Expect our ranking to jump a bit.