Undistributed NuShares

I am still waiting for the answer from the JL representative or assistant about the purchase request date.
This Friday, 4 weeks will have elapsed from his or her last message.
I pinged him or her 3 times in between (the third time just now) but so far no answer.
The team must be extremely busy…I guess.

An update or reply on BM would be appreciated. It has been over a month since last BM communication.

Got eventually a response last Sat.

1 Like

That is awesome!

Hearing that makes me more optimistic. I sent a second reply to the BM message in case my first was lost in the perilous winds of BM traffic.

1 Like

Hello:

3 weeks has passed since Jordan approved me as shareholder -
I have yet to get a response after I indicated how I would like to acquire NuShares.

-crypto_coiner (Marketing and Business Development, Tokyo)

60% of the 1 billion NuShares have been distributed.

Bitmessage has been much less reliable than I had hoped. It has created a lot of frustration due to messages not being delivered, which I wish were not the case.

qucubert2 your message was received and you will receive a reply soon. kschneezy and crypto_coiner have been replied to so they should have what they need.

Jordan, let’s begin Nubitmessage with auxiliary chain tech. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got eventually my NuShares. Tks.

Hopefully I will receive a reply soon too…

There are too many NuShares on the market IMO. We need to slow (or stop) distribution in my opinion. The price is being driven down, which is screwing the current investors. If you want NuShares, there are plenty on the current market for sale. I hope that we eventually incorporate some sort of NuShares “burn” mechanism.

Absolutely not. We want to distribute all NuShares as quickly as possible while adhering to the initial revenue commitments. A wider distribution will ensure we have more talented people working on Nu, and a network that is more resistant to coercion or force.

It is not Jordan’s responsibility to protect your investment. It’s our job to build demand and create services for NuBits that people find valuable. That is the only way to responsibly increase the value of NuShares.

4 Likes

Absolutely not. We want to distribute all NuShares as quickly as
possible while adhering to the initial revenue commitments. A wider
distribution will ensure we have more talented people working on Nu, and
a network that is more resistant to coercion or force.

It is not Jordan’s responsibility to protect your investment. It’s
our job to build demand and create services for NuBits that people find
valuable. That is the only way to responsibly increase the value of
NuShares.

@tomjoad I understand. But it seems like new NuShares being dumped on the market kill NuShares price every time that it tries to rally. Nobody wants to invest in something that they continuously see going down. How are we going to get people to buy NuShares if they see the price at 17 units one week, and then 7.5-8.5 units a few weeks later? If we want to attract people to NuShares, I think that we HAVE TO focus on price and dividends. People buy shares in the “real” world based on stock performance: price and dividends. I can’t think of any logical reason why the virtual world would work any differently.

1 Like

Apple Co share(AAPL) had no dividend at all from 1995 to 2012 when Jobs was CEO, and the share price rocketed.

The key is we find good profit model of Nu and make NBT as useful as possible. Forget about dividend, I suggest.

3 Likes

@kschneezy did you hear back yet? I am still waiting, the last message I received was in October…

@JordanLee GLock has done a great job with taking a leadership role on the Peercoin translation effort. Let’s get the man some shares!

2 Likes

I doubt it is @glock credentials, it is more about specific Bitmessage issues Jordan is facing. It works fine for me, but I probably don’t get the amount of messages he might get.

It might be worth looking into a backup, like an on-line encrypted messaging service like Tox, also great if you are looking for an alternative to Skype and Google hangouts. Still early days and functionality is pretty basic but working, source is here: https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore. Just an idea.

Edit, they also have Linux and Windows binaries if you just want to take a look…

1 Like

as long as the message has been acknowledged i am sure it is a question of time.
I waited 2m between my initial request and actually receiving the shares.

@Chronos Thank you for the support :slight_smile:

@Cybnate I agree that Bitmessage is not the most efficient solution for communication…could be also worth considering Cryptocat https://crypto.cat/ I have used it before and seems to work well

I did hear back a few days ago. I was approved for purchase. I expect the purchase process to take some time. I would advise to send another bitmessage to JL, thats what I did.

Thanks for your feedback. I will try to send another message even though I tried that already few weeks ago.