The State of Period 1 Dividend Payments

Is there an illustrated guide to explain the process to all shareholders?

If you are referring to the price changes on BTER or coinmarketcap.com, the prices are all calculated against BTC. NuShare prices should really be based on USD or NuBits. The Nushares price drop was largely due to a sharp increase of BTC price agaist USD. NSR/USD hasn’t changed much.

1 Like

I believe this may be what you’re looking for: NuShares dividend address

I for one am a little excited to expect a divident will come, because it is a milestone, but at the same time I am also concerned that this dividend comes at the cost of the health of the peg if it is not offset by Network revenue. I am glad to see NuBit trading volume is picking up on BTER these days, to above 100BTCs. I would like to see in numbers how much revenue the bots have generated from the spread.

A lot of thanks to Kiara who has worked so hard. Regular little bits of information of what is going on can go a long way calming down the rest of us :smile:

The bot is not designed to generate revenue from spread. It is designed to keep the price as close to $1 as possible while creating a spread only to compensate for exchange fees. https://nubits.com/about/white-paper

That I understand. What I meant was if the spread has generated income, which can be seen as a revenue even it was not intended. If the spread was chosen such that it was to pay for exchange fee, then such income woiuld be exactly 0. Due to wall collision and other bugs it could well be that bots have made losses to the Network in the initial period. The problems have been / are being fixed and can be seen as one-off. I am more concerned by the long term outlook.