State of Peercoin: [Dire]

1 Like

I think most cryptocurrencies are hanging in the ropes right now. Even much hyped projects like ethereum are losing in value. However, it is true that Peercoin development has been particularly slow. We’re waiting for version 0.5 for ages now, which is crucial for finally implementing other projects like Peermessages.

1 Like

I made a reply in there.

1 Like

It makes much more sense to implement Peerapps like Peermessage onto Peershares, where you will be able to vote and create motions, and be incentivized to secure the network via dividends.
Actually, I predict we will have sooner or later a peershares-based DAC peermessage and many other Dapps if you will.

2 Likes

I think it reflects the current state of development of peercoin and its possibilities.
I was an investor into peercoin from sep 13 up till nov 14 and I sold all my stash for nushares when I saw that peercoin’s purpose was in fact to give birth to a PoS mechanism that could be used in a blockchain where stake was equivalent to share: stake is not aligned with store of value but aligned with share.
Peershares (Nu, B&C, and others to come) is the way to capitalize on peercoin.

2 Likes

Same here. I was originally 100% Bitcoin until I discovered Peercoin, and then 100% Peercoin until I discovered NuShares. My crypto holdings are 100% NuShares now. Each is an iterative improvement over the previous generation. Peercoin’s development has been glacial during a time that Nu has accomplished a great deal.

3 Likes

I’m 20% ppc, 60% nsr, 20% BKS. I think SK needs to release v0.5 soon, but I’m not super upset with the pace. Ppc is still a part of my ideal economy.

2 Likes

No income–>volunteers are few(Sunny King) and man hours insufficient---->slow development---->less Cap.

Vicious Circle,

But if a DAC (Nu or B&C) profit is good, positive cycle possible, we can hire many experienced developers/marketing. The key of success is PROFIT. DAC is a company.

B&C exchange tradng fee is a good resource and other profit can be found in future, I have some ideas.

1 Like

ideas being?

It makes much more sense to implement Peerapps like Peermessage onto Peershares, where you will be able to vote and create motions, and be incentivized to secure the network via dividends.

Speaking of which, any ETA when this Peermessage will be launched? For the BCExchange auction the team used Bitmessage, but a lot of the buy requests never came trough. Peermessage would be really good for this,

I have no hope for Peermessage…:frowning:

It can’t be implemented until v0.5 releases, so…

I need to dig further.

Why?
Peermessage is awesome!

Imagine the power that’s provided by the PeerApps scheme.
Just think about moving away from parasitic storage and use storj instead.
Peercoin will be the key storage and key management tool for PeerApps that makes Peercoin actually useful :wink:

2 Likes

It seems like PeerCoin has always been moving slow yet steady, like a Tortoise rather than a Hair, while remaining one of the top coins. Overall, I don’t think Nu overshadows it either since PPC resembles a commodity which helps NuBits hedge against instability alongside PeerShares and NuShares although, I also think differentiating commodities, shares, and currencies will be something every successful crypto-ecosystem will eventually do by default over the long run.

If electricity gets close to free, then peercoin cannot be very valuable in terms of price.

https://images.weserv.nl/?w=800&url=up.picr.de/23420763fj.jpg&fnr

1 Like

The market already priced in the halving.

Good catch. thx. Still it is worrying that it is only free in rural China. The rest of us live in a world where free lunch doesnt exists.
Rural china isn’t decentralised enough