Spotted: who's working where for NuBits success!

Thank you @CoinGame for the presentation, I’ll translate it and use it at our conference. The last few days gave me a boost as our main guest was a bit hesitant about showing up (or I misjudged him and was rather keen to make sure that we have the right people to deliver presentations about cryptocurrencies), I’ve contacted some Polish cryptocurrency companies, foundations etc. it turned out that there are enthusiasts willing to participate, a lot of support and a bunch of knowledgeable pioneers of cryptocurrencies in our country.

I can generate a lot of local media/social media coverage, so out of the initial confusion about our main guest, now we’re making a significant event with a number of guests. I will be happy to present NuBits as an alternative to BTC, this is an important part of our conference, as in the view of newcomers, price volatility is a real issue of cryptocurrencies.

Our TechKlub conference is a starting point as in our country there are 15 other TechKlubs working in the major cities, and most of them will be interested in hosting similar events. Our guests are also keen to participate in the events hosted by other TechKlubs, so each month there might be a new event at a different city.

What’s interesting for NuBits, TechKlubs are an idea adopted from NTEN, The Nonprofit Technology Network, similar ideas are happening worldwide (or actually TechKlub adopted NTEN’s model), it would be great to check if the US NTEN would be willing to give NuBits a shot. Maybe there is a way to get NTEN involved, especially if they see a succesful cycle of events happening here in Poland. One is certain, in our country NuBits can get some interest, I’ll make this happen:)

I hope you don’t mind that I’ve temporarily taken over this thread, I prefer to write here than to clutter the forum with a separate thread.

2 Likes

I really didn’t consider that slideshow a finished product. More of something to build off of. Kind of busy working on the client. If you think there’s enough there feel free to use it, but I think it could be much better. If you have any suggestions let me know and I can update it when I have a chance.

Still, it may be enough if you have a solid understand of NuNet. I know some people like to cram lots of information into their slides but I was taught that the slides should not distract the audience from the speaker and only serve as a reference point to remind wayward minds of the topic being discussed.

Thanks once more, I’ll add info if I need to do so for my presentation, and if I can build on the original English version, I will certainly do so in my free time. It’s good to contribute so it can be used in the future as needed. It’s like @Ben said:

Such presentations might come handy at times, I’m in the habit of posting or simply writing text documents whenever inspired on a topic, so later when needed I have a formulated idea to build upon. It’s better to speak than to remain silent, at times :wink:

Hi, time for a short update, the meeting ( http://www.uwm.edu.pl/ciitt/?p=3732 ) was hosted on Thursday, more than 60 people interested in cryptocurrencies took part, I had a presentation and a chance to talk about NuBits several times, particularly in discussions following presentations of our guests. Nu was the answer for the problem of volatility, a great answer that was satisfactory to cryptocurrency skeptics :slight_smile: I’ll give you some links, photos etc in the upcoming days.

3 Likes

Nice to hear that you’ve successfully held your presentation. And it’s also nice to hear that the audience was not only interested in crypto coins in general, but in NuBits in particular :slight_smile:

Volatility seemed like a real issue for the newcomers. This was the first public meeting in our city but obviously not everyone was new to the cryptocurrency world, we formed a group and from now on we’ll be working as a team. There might be more people joining our efforts as it’s just a starting point. After the official meeting we had an “afterparty” or an “afterdiscussion”, mainly to get to know each other, and I’m pleasantly surprised with people’s experience. One of the people is a Bitcoin miner, active for 3 years, still minig:) He’s a veteran, IT and cryptography expert, but he never heard about NuBits, until now. We still need to spread the word :slight_smile:

NuBits mentioned on the Ethereum livestream presentation. It’s not “working for NuBits success”, but it’s still spotted.

7 Likes

nice catch. what should nubits steal from edollar?

That’s a good question, I actually gave up watching the livestream as NuBits stopped being discussed, if I find more time I’ll get back to that, the length kind of scares me :wink:

2 Likes