Slow updating of B&C blockchain

I am experiencing a total freeze of bce client when i configure tor. And it makes the blockchain unreadable.

Right. For example you can right click to create bcexchange.txt in the directory, put the contents in, save the file, and rename it bcexchange.conf.

I will try this:

i) Creating bcexchange.txt in the Applications Data folder

ii) Putting in the following by doing a simple copy-paste job

addnode=98.194.236.177
addnode=62.210.15.44
addnode=107.170.243.142
addnode=120.24.210.125
addnode=178.32.217.85

Thanks

Incidentally, I have a spare computer and loaded the B&C client. It updated merrily until 97%, and then I decided to stop it, bring across on a USB the wallet8 file containing my blockshares from the frozen client. They showed up successfully in the new client. However, the new client then “froze” as well, and refused to update beyond 97%. This made me wonder if the problem is within wallet8

I had the same problem.
i had to redownload the blockchain from scratch.
i think it works much better without running tor.
i ll be retrying from scratch without tor and i ll let you know.

I might try this. How do I do it?

I think bce blockchain works very badly with tor enabled on my desktop and laptop.
Maybe it s caused by my bks wallet.
Anyway i won t use tor for a while.

Erasing everything except the wallets under the roaming app folder lets u download from scratch.

don’t forget to rename the txt to conf

you should have let it finish.

these days when i get the client online it gets 5-6 connections quickly but it takes up to several hours waiting before downloading blockchain starts. When it starts it gets several blocks per second. i use win7 32bit.

From the slow updating client, I sent a test transaction to my laptop

It showed up as received

I then sent the full amount of blockshares - but it has not showed up as received

I cannot find on the slow client the sending address - I can only see the receiving address (of my laptop). This does not show up on the block explorer

I have looked at the transaction tab on the slow client. None of the recent transactions show any confirmations

I have looked again at the laptop. The incoming test transaction is there, but the address is greyed out. Does this mean that the transaction has not arrived?

(if so, it is the amount that needs to be greyed out, not the address)

So, how can I retrieve my blockshares. They appear to be sent from my slow client, but in limbo

Can anyone assist? Thanks

EDIT - a positive development: I have had another go at transferring wallet8.dat - the client has opened successfully on a separate computer and shows the same non-completed transactions - I am presently waiting for the blockchain to start downloading

Another EDIT - my blockshares are successfully rescued from the slow client to the laptop - thanks everyone for their help

The original issue, the slow updating, is not fully explained. I have noticed that, on my laptop, the blockchain downloaded very fast to begin with, but slowed down the more that was downloaded (its current downloading speed is about 1 minute of history per second). I wonder whether the problem with the old computer was that it simply did not have enough “juice” to keep up?

The other issue, on the laptop, is the initial freezing or non-downloading. I assumed this was a fault/jam, and so kept closing the client and relaunching. I also thought this problem was linked in some way to the act of transferring across the wallet8 file. I now realise that the apparent freeze is to be expected, and that the downloading may not start for an hour or so.