Proposal: Small dual-side liquidity for currently uncovered pair

Introduction

I want to propose providing a small dual-side liquidity. Being very new in this community I understand that trust is a concern, and therefore the reward will obviously be paid after the successful completion of the task. I would also be willing to provide @JordanLee with a proof of my funds or personal information if it is required.

Technical setup

The technical installation will be a Raspberry Pi that will run 24/7 with a stable internet connection. Only nud and the NuBot are running on thew device. I successfully tested a NuBot on excoin, so I expect to be able to start my operation very quickly. I have a strong technical background and feel confident to be able to operate (and troubleshoot) the NuBot in an adequate way.

Proposal

Proposal RIPEMD160 hash: cae8efc29890da34ec00f0cd7c6d89a42b424e12

=##=##=##=##=##=## Custodian Hash starts with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Custodial Address: BPuTsT9FiDLSDihCHxzaieVXoksXqoffHk
Amount Requested: 1 NBT

If elected, I will deposit 5,000 NBT on a selected exchange and operate the NuBot in dual side mode over a period of 30 days. The reward should be paid in NBT and depends on the market, which will be selected after the election of this proposal. I request 10% (500 NBT) for BTC markets and 15% (750 NBT) for any altcoin market. If the market will be a BTC market, then I will deposit an equivalent of 5,000 NBT in the form of BTC on the chosen exchange and start the operation on the BUY side of the NBT market. If the market will be an altcoin market, then I will deposit 2,500 NBT and an equivalent of 2,500 NBT in the form of the altcoin on the chosen exchange and start the operation on the BUY and SELL side of the NBT market. At the end of the 30 day term I will provide a report of all trading activity.

=##=##=##=##=##=## Custodian Hash ends with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Verify. Use everything between and including the <custodianhash></custodianhash> tags.

Custodial Grant Passed

The grant passed on Feb 26th at block 241230. Thank you! There were some unexpected problem with submitting liquidity information from the Raspberry Pi, but these problems are solved now and all subsequent tests were successful.

Operation Schedule

The operation will officially start on March 2nd 0:01 UTC and end on June 1st 0:01 UTC. Down-times will of course be appended to the end time, but I am confident that it will be very stable.
Liquidity will be provided on bitcoin.co.id and I start the operation with an equivalent of 5,000 NBT as BTC on the buy side of the order book, since Nu’s buy side liquidity is smaller than its sell side liquidity. But I am open for discussions about this and can also transform some of the BTC funds into NBT.

HAPPY TRADING

3 Likes

It’s my understanding that NSR rewards coming directly from Jordan Lee have expired and will no longer be offered. Will you consider an NBT bonus instead, and simply purchase the equivalent amount of NSR at the end of the period?

Oh yes, of course. I’ll change that in the OP. Thanks.

Looking forward to your proposal.

I can endorse this proposal.

Which version of NuBot did you run?

I also would love to start seeing some more enduring proposals, or at least some opening to “what happens after one month” . And do not forget to bounce around exchanges trying to educate and persuade them to adopt nubits :slight_smile:

NuBot v0.1.4c and nud v0.5.3-RC2-beta. Getting the nubot to run was straight forward, the Raspbian distro comes with everything that is needed. Only nud requires some packages and the manual compilation of the right miniupnc, but I assume that this will be easier in future.

I never did this before, and therefore I see this operation as an experiment. If everything works out as intended then I can imagine making proposals for a longer period of time.

1 Like

Any an idea what we could do out of this? I see there are three non-BTC markets on excoin, PPC, BLK and LTC. I could imagine providing liquidity for one of those. There is also a PPC market on CCEDK, but there seems to be a bot serving it.

I’d really appreciate some discussion on that, because if I choose pairing which is unlikely to be voted on then everything will be delayed. Another idea would be that I make one proposal for each pairing and take the first one that passes, while all others become void. Or is there another way to propose more than two exclusive options to the shareholders?

Good questions. I have made this thread: Which exchange needs buy side support? On which pair?

I tent to suggest that first you get elected, and when we can solve the problem of finding the best pair. The whole liquidity is very fluid and changes from one day to another.

1 Like

@desrever OK, if you say so … then I will make a proposal asking for a general pairing decided after the election with 10% reward on BTC markets and 15% reward on any altcoin market. Should I make a new thread or just modify the OP?

Same thread should be fine if you write a proposal and get a hash with assistant bot, and if you do not modify the content of the text hashed afterwards, I guess.

OK, I just changed the OP now. Please let me know asap if you see any problems.

My understanding is that you would need to start on the buy side, providing bitcoins for example.
As for the hash, I cannot verify it. Can you message assistant and then create a hash with “custodian hash [text]”?

A good candidate to add to my datafeed. Actively supporting liquidity offers. 10% fee for 30 days (in BTC market dual side) is a reasonable fee imo, but still hoping for more competition. Will wait till hash is verifiable and add later to my datafeed.

Yes it is also a strong candidate in my datafeeds but I d like to know how the funds will start…on the buy side or the sell side and in what currency?

Good point. I thought about these conditions:

If the market is a BTC market, I will deposit an equivalent of 5,000 NBT in the form of BTC on the chosen exchange and start the operation on the BUY side of the NBT market.

If the market is an altcoin market, I will deposit 2,500 NBT and an equivalent of 2,500 NBT in the form of the altcoin on the chosen exchange and start the operation on the BUY and SELL side of the NBT market.

The reason for the different partitioning is that I don’t know the altcoin yet and the lack of liquidity could make it hard to acquire large amounts of it.

EDIT: I added it to the proposal text.

@woolly_sammoth I am also not able to reproduce the hash. This is what I PM’d to assistant:

custodian hash BPuTsT9FiDLSDihCHxzaieVXoksXqoffHk 1 If elected, I will deposit 5,000 NBT on a selected exchange and operate the NuBot in dual side mode over a period of 30 days. The reward should be paid in NBT and depends on the market, which will be selected after the election of this proposal. I request 10% (500 NBT) for BTC markets and 15% (750 NBT) for any altcoin market. At the end of the 30 day term I will provide a report of all trading activity.

If I hash the text provided by assistant then I get 8e20201614a4076a54f07bc13b8981ccaf20753b when using line feeds and 4b9b3c63ff003d60955a3236b4d76102644129a0 when using carriage returns.

OK I modified the proposal text so it contains the answer to @cryptog’s question. The hash, again, shows what the assistant bot gave me, copy/pasted to this thread. If I hash the text pasted above including the “=##=##=” lines I get:

b6df573b4a77a55be6c6518c283c9b7f7dfaa25c with carriage returns
2c2ace74b9790bae26da57ecc0b944e9738c4bc7 with line feeds

Can anyone confirm one of these hashes?

Hi @creon.
you need to click the ‘verify’ link at the bottom of the reply from assistant.
copy all the raw text you see into the new post.

To verify the hash yourself you need to copy the text in the middle paragraph which starts with and ends with

By using the html tags to denote start, end and line breaks,w e can get consistent reults.

Thanks a lot. I updated the OP and with the new formatting I was able to reproduce the hash.

that worked.
I have seen an issue in the verify link though. it is trying to point to the raw version of your private message instead of the first post here. I’ll have to think about how best to display that . It worked in my testing as I was logged in as me and could view my own private messages (funny that)

for now. the verifcation link should link to https://discuss.nubits.com/raw/1268