POLL for NuShareholders: What is Your Current Sentiment on Nu's Future? (Updated Version - July 2016)

Don’t you see any irony in posting this on this forum?

I have no intention of defending or promoting tether. But in the real world we look at competition.

I’m not familiar with tether, just a glance of their white paper a year ago, so I agree with you that tether also has the revenue problem.

To build up a stable currency, the proceed from selling USD token should be invested to somewhere to get profit to support company’s operation. I believe this is a common view of the majority forum members. After 1.5 year Nu operation, we should feel it more than any other crypto.

Tether has $7 million in the bank. It is silly to compare it to Nu’s fundamental mistakes.

I remember they are from a traditional company, and it’s easy for them to maintain peg at USD pair in this way, but the capital is naturally for profit, their money’s opportunity cost is also high, what’s their require rate of investment? I cannot find their incentive to run this business. Do you know that?

I do not know if or how they make a profit. Maybe it’s basically just one guy who has a bank account and lives off the interest? Everyday he cuts a check to Bitfinex or the other way around, of his customers’ money. Sounds like a sweet gig to me.

In regard of the revenue model i want to point out for what UpWork (one of the top global freelancing platforms) have done to there Service Fees.

They have been already charging 10% fee from every and each payment for any job you finish.
However, they still saw that as an Unfair rate for them!, so they Doubled that for any job you have with a new client (where their payment processing is very valuable), and reduced that to the half for the Much more regular clients of yours (where you may be tempted not to use their platform at all and just trust your client).

That what services for centralized and huge companies worth, we are much more vulnerable and deal with much more risks and offering a very valuable product.

It is interesting to look at these poll results. Out of 31 votes, only one vote was cast that expressed full confidence in Nu:

That vote was mine. Time has proven that my own perspective was the most accurate, with the peg restored more than a month ago in a sustainable manner. I have a remarkable ability to stand separate from the crowd when the truth requires it, as it did here. It isn’t hard to see why I am so valuable to the network and why shareholders have wisely chosen to place so much confidence in me and my judgement. I’m steady during a storm.

Let me correct that for you:

because that’s what you and your preceding alter ego JordanLee brought over the Nu netwrok :wink:

I haven’t visited this site for a month. Jordan’s ego has gotten so huge! Can’t you guys control him?

1 Like

You’re practically the only one who voted for you to be Chief, also.

I voted “I don’t believe in the project anymore, but will keep some or all of my NuShares in case a miracle recovery happens.”

2 Likes