[Passed] Re-evaluation of RSOT Implementation

Well, except Nu is the majority, i.e. the mob, which is why pheonix’s motion passed. So basically the moral here for you is don’t vote or not vote for anything, just roll up into a ball and cry. The rest of us will have convictions and make choices and live with the consequences.

1 Like

What I meant was the assumed majority in terms of individual shareholders, the internet mob.

is that voting is rigged as a consequence of the discussion about a possible Augeas airdrop to B&C shareholders. The election is bought. Phoenix won’t accept motions which are not in his favour and he has reason to distrust the majority.

I feel like you didn’t hear any of this. Every vote using peershares can be used to do an air drop of any currency for either those that vote for or those that vote against, so every vote is ‘bought’ and ‘rigged’ for both sides. So all you’re saying is that pheonix has no reason to trust shareholders in general. In that case, BKS is worthless because pheonix is gonna do whatever he wants with the dev funds anyway. After all, he has reason to suspect every motion vote is rigged.

You are questioning the very basic operation of peershares. I think it’s an important question, but your motives seem to be targeting one peershares implementation specifically. In fact, this is a weakness of all peershares and blockchain voting in general.

Nu might air drop nsr to all BKS voters that vote for pheonix, it is certainly within the realm of possibility. Look, I just discussed an nsr airdrop to those voting for pheonix. According to your logic I just rigged the vote for pheonix to win.

By the way, was the original RSOT motion also rigged by the then nonexistent AES?

3 Likes

Not questioning a weakness. Questioning the use (abuse) of a weakness, advocating and praising it.

No evidence, less obvious. Before Augeas, I wasn’t expecting airdrop based on my voting behaviour. You? Anyhow, Phoenix still got the money! And since Augeas, he’s got reason to keep it (without losing face)…

Like he had face to lose

1 Like

If JL keeps the money despite shareholder motions telling him explicitly what to do with it, he has stolen the funds from shareholders. If he does this, he has most definitely lost face with the majority of BKS shareholders.

But of course you are correct, Jordan can definitely decide to keep the dev funds. I would honestly be surprised if he didn’t, he doesn’t have much reputation to lose at this point. Though I’m sure he’ll try to find some convenient excuse to try to save face, like saying that some blockchain that spun up in the last month with a $0 marketcap somehow had the leverage to rig a vote that occurred even before its genesis block.

Anyway, I’m sure he’ll save face with you no matter what he does. For the majority shareholder, however, the reality is that he needs to give up the funds when motion after motion tells him to (which every RSOT member motion that gets voted in is saying) or he is a thief.

2 Likes

I have always been cautious of what I vote on, any activity on the blockchain can be used to call down legal repercussions or other consequences. Consequences like AES opened your eyes to. Augeas didn’t create voter responsibility, that has always been there.

2 Likes

Not only will he lose face with BKS holders, but also most likely with the remaining NuShareholders who still trust and work with him. It will be a fun day when they all turn on him too. And everyone in this forum can point to this event and say that this is the reason why you can’t trust Nu or Phoenix.

And another thing, if Phoenix doesn’t hand over those funds when asked to, then BKS holders really won’t have any reason for keeping his shares around anymore. I don’t see anybody he can sell them to in time either, because nobody will want to buy shares in a network with no funding. At least if he hands over the funds, he might have a chance that BKS holders will have mercy on him. Not giving up the dev funds, I see no chance for him at all.

I don’t share your concept of ‘fun’. I am glad that we have the opportunity to learn all these lessons, but I don’t derive pleasure from what JL did to this community or what consequences he might face because of that.

1 Like

Nor do I. I do want to see consequences for him though.

Something odd is happening with B&C voting. All RSOT proposals are now highly supported with difficulty mostly unchanged when I post this and in the hours before.

Looks like @cbe suggestion is now being followed in an effort to not be singled out in a fork. This all is not helping to progress development of B&C. I’m not a fan of an Augeas B&C fork at this stage. It doesn’t make much sense without securing the development funds. If we secure them I don’t believe we need another blockchain. Raising new funds won’t be easy I suspect.

I’m disappointed that the funds are not being handed over to RSOT or at least not accounted for by providing blockchain addresses or a willingness to do so despite the shareholders requesting this several times. It could be done for NU, so why not for B&C?

1 Like

Maybe I misunderstand you, but isn’t it good that the RSOT motions find support?
I mean all, but this one.

Having the dev funds under control of an organization like RSOT is helpful to get control and transparency.

1 Like

support for phoenix motion abruptly stopped at #693,033

1 Like

It just doesn’t bode well.

I agree.
One can question the “Jordan infiltration level” of B&C and even Augeas…
It’s hard to get rid of Jordan, if you don’t even know who he is/they are.
Do you have a clue what account here in the forum is a sock puppet of Jordan?
I don’t, although I have some suspicions.

I agree 100%. It is not unlikely that Jordan plays a huge role in AES already. Some signs now popping up are really weird.

such as?

In this community of distrust, are these words worth anything?

If you don’t make a strong and credible commitment to not forking him and his supporters out, then securing the development funds is unlikely.

Honour and respect every single shareholder equally regardless of identity or voting behavior.

c’mon, Jordan, why would anyone let your shares corrupt yet another POS blockchain? i think dev fund (what’s left of it in NSR form) is a small price to pay to have a fair distribution of power.

That’s just another point to add on to the list of considerations to be taken into account. Handling over the development funds in NSR form to Augeas supporters would be the ultimate deathblow to Nu.