[Passed] Proposal to fund development of NuBox (Peerbox port)

Btw, in terms of performance, i suppose you guarantee that your code will be working well on Pis with their memory limitation, which seems it was not the case with existing Pi binaries.

EDIT: typo
EDIT2: ponctuation

This is not part of the grant and depends on the Nu source code.

2.1.1 (once it’s complete) will require much less RAM than 2.0.3.
For 2.0.3 I say, the hardware requirement is 1 GB RAM.
2.1.1 should do with 512 MB RAM.

The RAM requirements are based on my experience so far.
It might differ, if you have a lot if NSR in your wallet, which require additional RAM (at least when minting). This is what e.g. @mhps wrote and it makes sense.

1 Like

I just hope that before nubox is completed a new Rpi with 2GB ram will be out :wink:

Get an ASRock BeeBox and put 16 GB RAM in it :stuck_out_tongue:

What are the main differences between NuBox and Nu Pi binary?

Other than

?

1 Like

I seems that vote is close to 10% now (278,933,012/2,830,134,133) with not more than 6-7 addresses participating.

You need a data feed to take you up. @cryptog, @cybnate, @crypto_coiner are our three c’s of the data feeds. Without at least one data feed it’s very very difficult to get something passed.

Yes, what do you guys think? I think it’s pretty straightforward and we’re lucky to have Peerchemist on board for this project going forward.

It’s also a step in the direction of getting support for BCE, which may be more important for the anonymity of reputed signers. Let’s officially establish a working relationship with Peerchemist on Nu first though, and then we’ll see what the future brings.

Yeah! Especially the built-in TOR support is a nice feature!
Maybe not all reputed signers are savvy, nor should they necessarily need to be!
NuBox would indeed be a step into the right direction that can be had at $4k.

I want to know if nubox would make it very easy for someone to set up a nu client into a Pi.
I have a Pi (that I bought when I wanted to try peerbox 2y ago btw :slight_smile: ) but I did not try to install the Nu binaries into it because it looks cumbersome and a bit buggy.
Will NuBox be very easy to install?

Install Raspbian on your RaPI.

sudo apt-get install nubox

…or whatever the package might be called.
Run it.
Done.

Have a look here to see how easy it’s for the Peercoin equivalent:

2 Likes

Exactly.
However this is more accurate tutorial on how to install Peerbox: https://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=4468.msg42262#msg42262

It is left to user to install Raspbian as underlying OS, after that it is just
sudo apt-get install peerbox.

NuBox will be just the same.

2 Likes

About 48h since voting started proposal is at 117 votes (1.17%) and 539,569,314/3,017,361,624 SDD (17.88%) with not more than 6-7 addresses voting.

@peerchemist, sometimes it can take a little bit for a motion or grant to gain some momentum. There are a lot of things currently going on, so shareholder attention is probably spread out. I don’t see any reason why this won’t end up passing, but it’s possible it might take some time. I hope you can understand that.

@cryptog, @Cybnate, @crypto_coiner, do you have any other criticisms? I think we should get the ball rolling on this, so will you support it?

Super weird that the SDD is so high. Somebody’s pulling out some ancient NSR to support this.

1 Like

But where’s the support from the rest of the shareholders?
It’s not like Nu wouldn’t profit from this offer…

I was just commenting on latest stats to bump the thread up as it is Friday and I guess more people will see it. I know it is too early.

However it is a fact that those who run the data feeds have not enlisted this into their feeds just yet even though they have participated in this thread.

1 Like

I think maybe a lot of shareholders are super dependent on data feeds. That would explain it I think. I myself use one because I’m not always home to change voting.

It’s on voting for 3 days now.
That level of support without discussion or suggestions how to improve it, is…

Well, it reminds me of the upgrade of the BCE client. I better stop here.