[Passed] Proposal to fund development of NuBox (Peerbox port)

edited

Why isnt this a grant proposal?

I just did not think of it. I will edit it.
Thx for idea.

Other than being more succinct protocol wise, it makes it more clear that you’re asking for money now and how much.

Yes you are right.
Done.

From a shareholder’s perspective I wouldn’t say anything but from a friend’s perspective I want to shed light on the aspect in the motion that currently obliges @peerchemist to provide maintenance indefinitely. Typically the maintenance period is well defined within the contract for a specific period of time such as one year, for example. After that peerchemist could just publish a new motion to extend the maintenance period for another year. So perhaps the motion should be adjusted accordingly before we start voting on it?

1 Like

Text edited as per @Hyena suggestion. It is finer solution indeed.

hash: ef9486ea62f27e07bbb366d91359cedf2a5fb5a8
address: BJ8vw82j8CTQwzi4QLocyddkgVtPkrcHXz
amount: 4000 NBT

@Nagalim can you please change the motion hash in that list?

It would be great, if you could have the assistant hash the important part as a grant.
Send @assistant a message in this format:

Regarding:

It’s already in the list, but the hash isn’t required for voting on grants. The hash is just to make sure that the content doesn’t get changed without being able to notice it.

I did not want to spend more time studying how @assistant works, I was on tight schedule last night. But anyway, I hope I did not do anything wrong with this.
How to send the text, in quotes or just a string? Should this message to assistant be private or public as response on this topic?

Ah, ok.

It would be a private message to the assistant.
I was trying to do it on your behalf, but it looks like the assistant is asleep.
@woolly_sammoth, can you please kick it once more?

edit:
Thank you, @woolly_sammoth!
Assistant replied, but failed to create a hashed grant:

What does that mean? Address is valid.

Maybe a malfunction.

Entirely possible. The last forum update changed a few things just enough to bork assistant. I will get round to taking a look it’s just not been top priority to date. Daology is the preferred alternative.

Right, use Daology and just put the NBT address and the amount into the hashed area and you’re good - from my point of view.

Will do.

I wish I knew it earlier. I haven’t been able to get the sleepy assistant to hash my proposal.

Somehow I couldn’t even find where to input the text.

Sign in, go to proposals, make new proposal, nu, nubits, grant proposal, put in amount and address, enter txt, set to published, save, go to raw, copy and paste to Nu forum, copy into voting hot list, set vote on your personal client.

What could be simpler? (Cough)

1 Like

Personally I do not see the point of using Daology. What is wrong with how I did it (manually)?

Not everybody is able to create hashes or should be required to be able to do that just to propose a motion or a grant.
Plus it can be hard to verify hashes depending on nonprinting characters and how they are interpreted (CR, CRLF, etc.) that were used in the proposal.
If I hash your motion with RIPEMD-160 I get 1f952d5bb9e1b7f0e1b9976df82531e167c2aeba
(I just copied all from “=##=##=##=##=##=## Motion hash starts with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=” to the end)

=##=##=##=##=##=## Motion hash starts with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Fund development of NuBox, a Peerbox fork (peerbox.me) with Peerbox functionality extended to cover all Nu specifics like motion voting and data feeds.

When motion passes, I will start working on this and within 4 weeks I will deliver:

• Standards compliant, GPG signed Debian repository for NuBox (arm and x86_64)
  • Signed Nu wallet binaries with accompanying tools
  • Port of peerbox command with extended, Nu specific commands
  • Documentation on how to install and use NuBox
  • Any feature that users need but I have possibly omitted in this post with condition that it is communicated in first two weeks since motion passes and is not excessive/unrealistic
  • Source code for the full product.
  • Nu version updates for a period of 1 year, as long as they are compatible with existing codebase and don’t require major architectural overhauls.
  • After this period new motion will be started to extend maintenance period.
  • Nu will pay me 4000 NBT upfront for this project.

I will not be dealing with marketing, logo design and website. I propose that the same designer of all other Nu logos design this one too and that projects website is integrated into the rest of the project properly.

Address: BJ8vw82j8CTQwzi4QLocyddkgVtPkrcHXz
Amount: 4000 NBT

=##=##=##=##=##=## Motion hash ends with this line ##=##=##=##=##=##=

Proposal created with Daology.org by peerchemist for Nu

Please start voting now, it is all set. :slight_smile:

1 Like