[Passed] NuPool 8 ALPv2

This makes sense and I agree with Nagalim. There shouldn’t be any hesitation in voting for this. We need this passed so we can get the new software tested and ready to use for other operators.

2 Likes

Added to my datafeed as I like to support the developers and this was going to pass anyway. Hopefully speeding up the process assuming I had any subscribers to my datafeed left :wink:

2 Likes

Around 40% of the votes, with 59 votes in the last 100 blocks

1 Like

Passed!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for passing this grant. The pool software is operational on https://eu.nupool.net:443. @willy is working on a tutorial for NuBot and it does seem that there is a slight issue with the NuBot Bittrex wrapper which appeared in testing yesterday, I hope to get that fixed tomorrow.
The pool is funded and payouts are active so do point NuBots at the pool if you are so inclined and know how to do so (the UI does make it really easy). Be aware though that there may be some changes required with the potential incoming NuBot fix. I’ll do a more formal announcement once the full system is felt to be solid.

2 Likes

I thought it would be related to Bittrex that my NuBot wouldn’t initialize orders (and doesn’t broadcast liquidity).
Is that slight wrapper issue related to initializing orders?
If so, I might raise an issue on Bitbucket next time I find something strange (am I allowed to do that?) to make you aware of it (even if I think it’s related to my machine or the exchange…).

Here’s a part of the log from one of my last attempts:

Is the server operational? I am getting an error while communicating with ALP server (ApiError: -1)

Thank goodness, I’m not the only one. Mine actually crashes the whole NuBot when I try to connect.

Ah. OK. This is because of the way Java handles ssl. It needs to know about the certificate in order to verify the connection.
To fix this issue, navigate to the <nubot_dir>/res/ssl directory and run ./updateKeystore.sh. That will fetch the latest ssl keystore form bitbucket and will make NuBot work properly.

2 Likes

Thanks, it is working now!
For windows users:
download nubot_keystore.jks from
https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/nubottrading/raw/develop/res/ssl/nubot_keystore.jks
and replace the old nubot_keystore.jks in <nubot_dir>/res/ssl directory.

1 Like

Rewards statistics are working? Payouts have already sent to users?
I see “0” in my .json stats file after 17 minutes :slight_smile:

Silly me. I forgot to update my updateKeystore, I hate when I do that. :wink: Thanks @woolly_sammoth and @zoro!

Can’t the keystore automatically be updated (or at least checked) upon NuBot startup?
It’s strange that an operator needs to take care of that…

Maybe it is because it only shows 0.0 and doesn’t go out 0.0xxx decimal places? I’m shooting in the dark here.

Perhaps for the very first minutes this is valid, depending on the funds you provide :wink:
It would be great though if we could have a liquidity page where we can monitor the liquidity provided by the different LPs.
raw.coinerella.com/nubits/ doesn’t show the ALP amounts, yet.

edit: @Vogger, are you running nubot in windows? can you please check java.exe in 'processes’
how much cpu and mem is using?

No, I’m running it on a Pi 2. I still had to run ./updateKeystore.sh to get it to work.
PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND
3575 ****** 20 0 335640 66464 10496 S 287.0 7.0 166:35.50 java

Yeah, takes a bit of CPU.

Thanks, i wonder if my windows installation and/or java is corrupted somehow.
I always have java.exe at 99% cpu and 1.5GB ram !!!
If anyone else uses nubot in windows please give me some info :slight_smile:

@zoro Did you ever get rewards to show up? I can’t quite decipher if I am getting anything, going to get anything, or sitting and spinning my wheels.

I don’t see anything yet in my stats!
I am waiting for the first payout.

My bad. I had some unmerged code which meant that the price in bitcoin was being commpared against the price in nubits to calculate the order deviation. When you compare 0.00237278 and 418.7 it seems that there is a bit of a difference between them. I’ve merged the code and restarted the server. All seems to be running a bit better now as orders are showing up in rank_1 (which is the only one configured to have a reward currently).
I will continue to monitor throughout the day. Please do poke me if you notice anything else unusual

The user on bittrex is me. As I’m currently getting full reward for supplying very little liquidity, I will recycle my payout back to the pool.

3 Likes