[Passed] NuPool 6

lately, i have seen that bittrex’s bid side is always > 200 % with 0.18% daily rate.
(it means that all participants are payed 0.18% due to dutch actions mechanism?)
then poloniex’s bid side is <100% with 0.24% daily rate.
i would expect some bid funds from bittrex to move into poloniex. but this is not the case!

I’m guessing one larger whale didn’t hear about our recent target realignment… I’ve sent a tweet on this topic yesterday.

1 Like

well, whales are mysterious creatures anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
i was thinking that perhaps bittrex is a “safe heaven” since it doesn’t have much volume in nbt/btc pair.
then the funds are always available (sitting) at bid/sell walls even at a smaller fee rate :wink:
On the contrary, in poloniex or bter, alp participant should perform re-balancing operations very often.

1 Like

today it is poloniex’s and bittrex’s turn.
server is down :slight_smile:

edit: i wonder if nulagoon is down too!.
walls are in 3400 nbt and 5 btc in polo

We are working on a solution.

1 Like

similar problem with the other ALPs?

Not sure what happened here. Unfortunately both @willy and myself are away from any means of accessing the server directly. I have been able to log in to the hosting providing account and reboot the server from there. That has bought the server back up but there’s no way of knowing if the same won’t happen again. It will be a few hours before I’m in a position to log in and diagnose what has happened. When I do, I will make a manual payout for the balance which will have been reset.

Edit: just checked the server again and its down once more. Big apologies for this.

1 Like

The outage has been resolved for now. Sam is currently investigating the underlying issue here.

eu.nupool.net/status (104.24.113.170) is back UP, after 53 minutes 39 seconds of downtime.

1 Like

We changed our Disclaimer / “Risks & Chances” wording with regards to @Dhume’s input here.

https://nupool.net/index.php/Risks_&_Chances

Old:

Hedging: Traders might be able to successfully hedge against you. This means that people speculate on the BTC price movement and buy NBT from you at a low price and sell them back to you when the price is high (or vice versa).

New:

Hedging: Traders might be able to successfully hedge against you. This means that people speculate on the BTC price movement and buy NBT from you at a low price and sell them back to you when the price is high (or vice versa). Said behaviour might result in losses for the liquidity provider.

Old:

By using said software connecting to the “NuPool” operation, your highest possible return will be 7.2% for 30 days.

New:

By using said software connecting to the “NuPool” operation, your highest possible return will be 7.2% of NBT value for 30 days.
Please check your personal outcome (gains and losses) perpetually!

Old:

Disclaimer
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AUTOMATED TRADING WITH THIS SOFTWARE MAY BE RISKY, ADDICTIVE, UNETHICAL OR ILLEGAL. ITS MISUSE MAY ALSO CAUSE FINANCIAL LOSS. NONE OF THE AUTHORS, CONTRIBUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, OR ANYONE ELSE CONNECTED WITH NUBITS, IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, CAN BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE YOU MAKE OF THIS SOFTWARE

New:

Disclaimer
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT AUTOMATED TRADING WITH THIS SOFTWARE MAY BE RISKY, ADDICTIVE, UNETHICAL OR ILLEGAL. IT’S USE MAY CAUSE FINANCIAL LOSS. NONE OF THE AUTHORS, CONTRIBUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, OR ANYONE ELSE CONNECTED WITH NUBITS, IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER, CAN BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE YOU MAKE OF THIS SOFTWARE

1 Like

Was there a nupool balance reset during the last 24 hours?
i don’t see a payment and my balance was zeroed.
thanks

@zoro. Thanks for reporting that. Looks like the pool server crashed. I’ll send a manual payout now.

1 Like

i see an SSL error in poloniex. I cannot set any order. I guess this is polo’s fault?
edit: they said that their ssl certificate expired today :smile:
I hope they fix it soon, pybot cannot set any order without SSL.

edit2: i wonder if nubot or 3rd party bots can place orders. I see active orders, thus i guess they can :wink:

2015/12/03-19:18:06 ERROR: unable to retrieve order book for btc on poloniex: exception caught:
<urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)>

Same error here.

It is ok now.

Just noticed that this grant expired over a week ago and I haven’t seen any new grant. Does this mean Nu-pool will be discontinued? Hope to have an update which direction this goes soon. Good to bid to take over operations if needed.

1 Like

Liquidity on polo is crucial. We need to keep nupool alive. Any comment @woolly_sammoth ?

Ping, anyone from Nu-pool available to respond?

Very strange situation. I guess the pool is running on leftovers right now.
@Cybnate, can you setup a pool in polo from your funds or even make a new grant about it?

I could but let’s wait another 1 or 2 days over the weekend. I can have something setup in hours and use the existing funds of LiquidBits to get started in an emergency while getting out a new grant. I really hope they are just very busy with something and ignoring the forum temporarily. Will try to get their attention by other means.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Apologies for going silent, I’ve not had the free time to keep up with the forum as much as I would like,

The NuPool fund is OK and in no danger of running out suddenly.
I’m using what free time I do have to complete the last few tasks on the V2 version of the pool software so that NuBot can come into play. I intend to make a new proposal once that is working.

6 Likes