[Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

@BCExchange, can you give us an updated total? Is it still $135,310? I’m thinking about finally posting again on r/cryptocurrency tomorrow morning. I’ve been kinda busy the last couple days, but I’m hoping I can do it then.

Total funds committed have reached $147,643 including seed funds. We are now 73% of the way to our goal of $200,000.

2 Likes

Upon further review, you’re absolutely correct. Our table had a formatting error that led to an incorrect price being displayed. We apologize for not understanding the issue immediately.

For clarification, the current price is still $4.00. Approximately 16,805 BKS have been bid for in the first tier, leaving several thousand remaining at that price. Anyone who has received confirmation from us at $4.08 will now only need to pay $4.00.

Thank you @Hibero for your attention to detail.

3 Likes

Glad I could help. Thank you for the clarification.

Total funds committed have reached $151,369 including seed funds. We are now over 75% of the way to our goal of $200,000!

8 Likes

@BCExchange I’ve sent an email re buying BlockShares to bkssale@vistomail.com but no answer yet. Should I wait a bit longer?

Sorry for the delay @Sebsebzen. We appreciate your support of B&C Exchange. We’ve provided an update on bitcointalk here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg11499015#msg11499015

There are several BlockShare pledges that are now just over 24 hours old and haven’t been responded to. Some of these pledges are not properly formed so a dialog will be needed with the purchaser to finalize them. It is the first time we haven’t been able to provide a response within 24 hours, but these pledges will be responded to in the next day. Thank you everyone for your patience.

1 Like

It seems a few users from China and Japan are sometimes not able to access Bitcointalk, while it works for other countries. Can everyone see the B&C Exchange thread right now, or is Bitcointalk down for some?

I can see it.

I cannot access it right now.

but works with tor

Btw, what if somebody just wants to troll B&C and commits 10k USD but never shows up to pay? We should consider that some buyers may not respond when time comes.

1 Like

Yes it is possible that some buyers may not follow through with their purchase request. That risk was mitigated somewhat with the requirement to email/BitMessage a specific address with detailed purchase information, as opposed to allowing a simple reply on the Bitcointalk thread. Financial circumstances may change for a buyer or two, but based on the users we’ve seen respond it’s unlikely that any purposefully false purchase requests were made. Overall we are confident that the majority of purchase requests will be honored.

1 Like

Total funds committed remain at $154,737 including seed funds. The current price per share is $4.00.

3 Likes

Some competition already: http://www.coindesk.com/bitfinex-bitcoin-exchange-on-blockchain-transactions/ ?

1 Like

This might be a stupid question, but what is actually the advantage of BlockShares over NuShares? After all, you will also receive BlockShares when you hold NuShares, right?

Only 40% of BKS are going to NSR holders. The straight up buying of BKS in this auction gets you more stake in B&C per dollar spent than buying NSR does. Some people don’t have interest in NSR, and just want the most stake in B&C possible.

2 Likes

85,000 BKS go to the 10,000,000 NSR, which translates to 0.0085 BKS/NSR. The price at which it is cheaper to buy NSR rather than BKS (with BKS at $4) is $.002125. There is no reason to submit a bid for the B&C exchange if you can get a price for NSR lower than that, as you will then have both the BKS and the NSR.

2 Likes

It’s more like 70 times greater.

10,000 NSR entitles a user to 1 BKS. 85,000 BKS will be created for NuShareholders if 850,000,000 NSR are distributed at the fork date.

Speculating on break-even points is also difficult because it’s entirely possible that BlockShareholders will vote to burn undistributed BKS before the sale is complete, if they feel development can be completed with the funds raised. This would raise the value of each BKS by an indeterminate amount.

Also, the average sale price for BKS looks like it will be $4.12, not $4.00.

1 Like