[Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

It’s a win-win situation for both Nu and BCE:
BCE will benefit from the USD equivalent liquidity provided by Nu and Nu will benefit from providing liquidity on an exchange with significantly less risk compared to centralized exchanges.

Whenever BCE finds something significantly better than Nu’s NBT, BCE might consider adopting that and vice versa.
Considering the (current) ownership structure of BCE and Nu it might take some time until that is seriously being considered even if it were technically possible.

1 Like

What do you think about the idea in my second post though. If Nu starts to transition into this intermediary currency role in the future, exchanges would be hooked on our liquidity like crack. At this point they will be addicted and if we ever stopped providing liquidity to a particular exchange, they would suffer from withdrawal.

So once we have them hooked, then we change policy and start charging for the liquidity we provide. If they feel they can provide their own liquidty for cheaper themselves using their own pools then that’s great too. Either Nu gets paid a monthly fee by many different exchanges for providing its liquidity service, or the exchange creates its own liquidity pool to save on costs, meaning we don’t have to pay for it anyway. Either way it would be win/win for Nu. It just depends on if we can ever make it to the point where exchanges are dependent on our liquidity.

In the future with that much liquidity on exchanges in general and NBT having an intermediary currency role, arbitrage would likely even this out.

I’m not seeing this happen, because even in that situation Nu would be interested in doing business using the exchanges (to provide a gateway to the fiat market) and increasing the liquidity to enhance the utility of NBT.
I don’t see Nu providing liquidity in anything else than NBT/USD in this future, though.

Dude, I finally just got done installing the client a couple hours ago. An update already? lol.

didn’t know there was a time schedule for newly released version 8 hour or 1 one month does it really matter if its available I tested before posting in any case post as been removed…

Fundraising has now reached $297,433 US.

The current price of a BlockShare is $4.16.

As a reminder, these are the three important dates coming up that we will adhere to, as specified by motion f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352.

August 21, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - We will stop accepting offers to purchase BlockShares. For purposes of accounting, this time will be defined as the time a message is received by B&C Exchange, not when the message was sent. If you are planning on making a final purchase, please don’t leave it until the last minute, as we will not extend this deadline for any reason. This date is five days after the motion passed.

August 23, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares that have not been requested for purchase by August 21, 2015 will be burned. We will post details of the burn transaction publicly so that all shareholders can verify it was completed. This date is seven days after the motion passed.

August 30, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares remaining that have not been paid for - including those that were requested for purchase but not paid for - will be burned. At this point, all undistributed BlockShares will have been destroyed as per the motion. This date is fourteen days after the motion passed.

Link to Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12189983#msg12189983

2 Likes

wo.

Holy crap. That’s almost $100,000 in 2 days.

It wouldn’t very likely have happened like this if the BKS holders hadn’t voted for tearing down the sell wall.
It has been the rational choice to hold off the purchase of BKS until a later point of time - this point of time has been preponed to 2015-08-21, 23:59 UTC :slight_smile:

Can we have an official report on the current and final BKS distribution? (after all, that is an initial public offering) a la:

2 Likes

A detailed report would be nice, but you can roughly add another 25,000 BKS to the list of distributed BKS:

85,000 BKS have been distributed to NSR holders.
42,500 BKS have been distributed to seed funders (who most likely hold some NSR)
55,000 BKS (only approximately, but…) have been distributed to second-round funders
A total of 182,500 BKS has been distributed so far.

1 Like

The B&C Exchange team has completed the next requirement of motion f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352, which states

August 23, 2015 (23:59 UTC) - Any BlockShares that have not been requested for purchase by August 21, 2015 will be burned.

Block explorer confirmation: https://bcblockexplorer.com/transactions/7f0aad5d884918153d2bf2468c11108519d4640e4de95177deb155426108e5b6
Transaction ID: 7f0aad5d884918153d2bf2468c11108519d4640e4de95177deb155426108e5b6
Block: 69368
Amount burned: 22,565.983 BKS

The only undistributed BlockShares remaining in our possession are for the following groups/purposes:

1. People who already paid for their BKS but haven’t yet provided us with a BKS address to send them to
  2. People who asked to purchase BKS before the August 21 deadline but haven’t yet paid
  3. 100 BKS held to pay for transaction fees on the final transfers, of which any unused BKS will be burned at the conclusion of BKS distribution

If you find yourself in group 1 and are having difficulty reaching us through email or BitMessage, please send us a PM here to confirm that we have received your message.

As a reminder, motion f8bcd3d068a6b35c92902a8d57e0e773e4e35352 states that all undistributed BlockShares must be burned by 23:59 UTC August 30, 2015. To ensure that our obligations are met all final payments must be made by August 28 to ensure that records can be reviewed and the burn completed before August 31. Whatever isn’t paid for by August 28 will be burned before August 31.

Our fundraising total is now $311,161. A final BKS distribution table with exact BKS ownership numbers by group will be provided after the final August 30 burn.

Link to Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033773.msg12222470#msg12222470

7 Likes

Sorted by views, the [ANN] thread at the bitcointalk.org “Project Development” board is on place 16 of all ever announced/discussed projects.

I think place 16 is worth mentioning in a computer savvy environment :smile:
10hex would even look better.
10000bin on the other hand not.

http://imgur.com/NUayOWW

3 Likes

Now 14th. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=12.0;sort=views;desc

By the way, any update on B&C Exchange’s current development state and roadmap?
I have also asked about that in bitcointalk here.

1 Like

sigmike provided an update on development today:

Version 4.0 is almost ready. It took more time than expected because asset voting has important consequences on the design of the trading protocol that will be implemented in the next release. We had to adjust the design a few times. But it has been finalized and we just need a last review of the pull request before we can finalize 4.0.

This release will enable reputation and asset voting. So shareholders will be able to start deciding which assets will be initially tradable and who will be the first reputed signers.

While asset voting was finalized we also started writing detailed specs of the trading protocol that will be implemented in version 5.0.

5 Likes

The innovation brought by bcex, forked from nu:
reputed signers
traded assets

1 Like

It appears there hasn’t been much of an official update since late November on Bitcointalk or Bitbucket. It would be nice to see bi-weekly updates on B&C Exchange. Since the majority of holidays should be past us, I would hope that we would see more progress.

8 Likes

I’m getting back into the flow of things since holidays are over. I’ve been focusing on trying to get Nu 2.1 fixed but at the same time I’m working on B&C 4.0. Still need to finish testing the new voting features. Should have some more results soon. Most likely after this upcoming week. B&C is very different from Nu and so the testing requirements are way different from what I’m used to. It’s going to take a bit of time for me to get into the proper workflow and understand what the requirements are.

5 Likes

I understand you will be testing bce v4.0.
Does it imply that bce v4.0 has been released in test net?
If so, what are its features? Do you know if it includes assets voting?
I am also wondering about on what features the dev team is working right now.
Sorry a lot of questions.
Probably @JordanLee, @sigmike and @erasmospunk have a lot to say.

Reputed signer voting and asset voting are in 4.0. The code is ready to be tested so I imagine it could be used on testnet. I run my own personal test chains that use mainnet code for all of my testing though.

4 Likes