[Passed] Motion to provide seed funding for B&C Exchange - a decentralized exchange built on the Peershares platform

Reputed signer voting and asset voting are in 4.0. The code is ready to be tested so I imagine it could be used on testnet. I run my own personal test chains that use mainnet code for all of my testing though.

4 Likes

Update from JL.

4 Likes

It would helpful to have an update from @JordanLee on the roadmap ahead and some sort of time estimate of the remaining milestones as many shareholders are wondering right now about the situation in a more detailled way than the latest post in bitcointalk or might get impatient.

1 Like

I agree. There has been rarely any impatience over the course of the last seven months and I am sure nobody is expecting Jordan to provide a certain month as a target. But something like a quarter or ā€œnot before Xā€ would definitely be nice to know.

1 Like

Not before Nu 2.1

Id love to hear word too, but id imagine the devs are waiting until after Nu 2.1 is released.

1 Like

B&C 4.0 is the next release which will support Reputed signer voting and asset voting. It is currently in the the testing phase. Development has been slow the past couple of weeks for various reasons. Holidays, people traveling, etc. The new year is often a busy time of year for people and Nu experienced a similar development slowdown around the same time last year. Things are going to pick up from here on out.

While of the new feature changes are looking good so far (for the most part) there are some issues that need to be ironed out and Iā€™m working with the dev team to address them. Some cosmetic issues like RPC results for voting behaving unexpected. As testing is still ongoing I canā€™t give a timeline for release. It depends on what is found in the coming days.

Iā€™m not sure if we will do a 4.0 release or wait for 4.1 to produce an official release. Itā€™s up the @JordanLee. Thereā€™s already a PR for 4.1 which contains the changes that went into Nu 2.1.

Iā€™m not in a position to speak on milestones and timelines. Iā€™ll do what I can to keep the communities updated regarding development info going forward

5 Likes

The track record of the architect/development team leaves no doubt that they are capable of delivering amazing software.

But providing an update from time to time wouldnā€™t hurt either. It doesnā€™t need to be verbose, I think.
And it doesnā€™t need to deal with milestones that have a date associated (but maybe the milestonesā€¦).
Sunny Kingā€™s weekly updates could be something to lean on.

2 Likes

The download link to the logo files no longer works. @tomjoad is gone. Is there any other way to download the original logo package, or does somebody else have it downloaded?

https://github.com/hardcore-dev/hardcore-dev.github.io/blob/master/assets/B%26C%20Logos.zip

I uploaded to BitBucket the file I used to integrate the logos into the client: https://bitbucket.org/JordanLeePeershares/bcexchange/downloads/B&C%20Final%20Logo%20Files.zip.