[Passed] Motion to Make the Nu Source Code Available

Unfortunately, I decided to wait until after work to buy more NuShares. Big mistake! Now with the rising price I’m not going to be able to purchase as many as I wanted to. :frowning:

I merged 1.0.1-Stable-Release into master.

2 Likes

On which market and what’s your strategy to acquire these NSR?
What was your desired amount?

Poloniex, first time I used the exchange actually. I just got paid today, so I bought some Bitcoin and traded it with NuShares. Earlier in the day I could have bought around 150,000 shares, but since I didn’t get around to it until after the source code released, I only ended up getting around 137,000 shares in total.

2 Likes

Quick question. How come when I look up my NuShares address in the NuExplorer, the final balance isn’t correct? I have my shares split into 2 addresses and the final balance of both add up to the amount of reward I’ve earned from minting in total, but it doesn’t show the rest.

Actually, now that I check the first address again, it has changed to show the shares I just bought and withdrew to my wallet, but still that’s a fraction of what is actually in my wallet. Is it a bug?

1 Like

DId you just fill up whatever sell order there were our there with a decent volume or did you place some buy orders that got filled?
Perhaps placing some low buy orders at around 0.0030 will get you some decent stash in a reasonable amount of time…

I’m not really an expert on exchanges and trading, so I just placed orders until they all filled and I ran out of Bitcoin. I was probably pushing up the price as I went along. I’m not sure where open sourcing is going to take us price wise, so I just wanted to buy as much as possible before I go to bed, just in case it rises too much over the next day.

Edit: Also, I already have a pretty large stash. I was one of the first to buy from Jordan. The developments lately with liquidity pools have strengthened my confidence in Nu, so I wanted to buy more.

2 Likes

Subsequent to [withdrawn] Public offer to partially cover @dongshan's non-paying bid in the last NSR auction
I believe it is more beneficial for nushareholders and Nu to purchase nushares by bid motion, rather than buying up on exchange markets.

we need an “announcement” section in this forum . Congrats everybody

1 Like

is there any signs that major exchanges will accept nbt and nsr now the code is open source???

1 Like

There are signs, but nothing is for sure until official announcements are out there. Be patient please.

1 Like

Bitshares mingling? with the code now that s open source, apparently:

nice catch. i guess they want to become a “ponzi” scheme themselves too :wink:

EDIT: please discard the above-mentioned statement of mine.

1 Like

Does it make sense to still use “Peershares” as a denomination now that NuBit has upgraded far away from it?

That’s my BitBucket account.

I’ve recommended that we move the source code from @JordanLee’s BitBucket account and move it under it’s own, but that hasn’t happened yet.

1 Like