[Passed] Motion to introduce new NuBits products

Just wondering, but did you ever get a response from him?

Nope, no response. Not entirely surprising considering I’m an anonymous person he doesn’t know. Perhaps in the future when Nu is bigger we will have more of an audience.

1 Like

Has any progress been made on the 3 new pegs,or are we waiting on the exchange opening to implement them?

I haven’t seen anything yet, but the network is very busy with B&C Exchange and improving liquidity operations through FLOT. I suspect we will see more progress as we move forward into 2016.

In my humble opinion I think it best to wait on the exchange as it would be a great help to getting them off the ground.We need to be in negotiations with other exchanges to accept them.Also I think the team should be talking to Pol and Bter to reduce the fees during the buy back period as we give them a lot of business during that time.

I fully support NuXAU (Gold), NuEUR (Euro) and NuSDR (IMF’s SDR) with that specific order of importance/demand and nomenclature…

Maybe Nubits should be renamed to NuUSD after that for good standards…

(Inside the Nu ecosystem) I expect those 3 additions to be the most important to the upcoming B&C Exchange together with NuUSD.

P.s. dunno if peg system to XAU and SDR is gonna be an easy task though…

The shareholders have voted as supporting CH-NBT, EU-NBT, and X-NBT. We will rename the current NBT to US-NBT. There is no current intent to make an AU-NBT.
All of this is already in the OP as a passed motion…

3 Likes

Update: I’ve received logo proofs from our vendor and they look very promising. These logos will strengthen our brand considerably, positioning our network to begin offering new products in 2016. I am reviewing the logos and will have a recommendation to make here within a week or two.

12 Likes

Japanese Yen has taken the third place in terms of volume behind Yuan and the Dollar… Sooner or later someone in Japan would create a crypto pegged to JPY.
I hope Nu would choose to create a JP-NuBits first.

@tomjoad
Any update on the logos?

I’m going back and forth between two variations right now. I will be giving it some more thought over the weekend, and then possibly presenting the two variations here for community feedback.

8 Likes

Update: I’ve submitted a final round of revisions to the designers and should have our new logos within a week. I’m happy with how they’ve turned out - the new fonts are clean and modern, but have small little stylistic choices that make them unique. They look remarkably better than our current font, in my opinion, and I’m excited to share them here soon.

7 Likes

CH is usually the abbreviation of Switzerland. China is usually CN or CHN. CH-NBT maybe confused with a CHF pegged product.

5 Likes

Right.

I think having 2 letter country identifiers (CN-NBT, EU-NBT, US-NBT), while having 1 letter for the SDR pegged product (X-NBT) will make it easy for users to quickly grasp the meaning.

4 Likes

Thank you. As I wrote in the other thread, I’ve requested this update to be made to the logos today.

“Switzerland (/ˈswɪtsərlənd/), officially the Swiss Confederation (Latin: Confoederatio Helvetica, hence its abbreviation CH)” :wink:

2 Likes

I guess we wan begin to call for CN-NBT, EU-NBT LPCs once we have a marketing strategy or the right partner exchanges?

So what do we need? I suggest EUR-NBT is easiest. We need an FLOT reserve and an exchange pair (eur-nbt/btc) to operate on. FLOT is first, in my opinion.

Seeing the last 2 months behaviour, I believe so too.
As for the exchange, ccedk would be an easy choice but…

But…