[Passed] Motion to establish Reputed Signers Operations Team (RSOT)

Jordan might have more shares in B&C then the intial 30% due to him having a large ammount of NSR (as demonstrated by Pheonix’s voting power).

He obviously doesn’t have over 51% though, since this motion passed. What was the minimum percentage of shares @sigmike said was needed for a hard fork?

I added my 2,000 shares to this motion last night, which is probably why it passed so quickly.

3 Likes

We need to get this moving. Who will be part of the multisig team? We can’t take the dev funds from Phoenix without a multisig group. Once these people are voted in, we can really see if Phoenix cares about laws passed by motion.

5 Likes

i don’t mind being a signer if signing is less often than once a week.

4 Likes

You may draft a motion so we can vote, I’ll prepare mine. I guess daily operation/decision is less than once a week.

1 Like

Having the 2nd highest reputation according to the B&C client, I like to also volunteer as long as signing occurs less than once a week. Fine to discuss operations on a daily bases if needed though.

Edit: My proposal posted here: [Passed] Motion to join RSOT - @Cybnate

2 Likes

@Cybnate reminded me that I already have a motion under voting .

1 Like

cd6300…? Remember it, I’ve been voting for your motion for a long time.

I suggest BKS holders to vote for mhps, he has done a lot for our community.

4 Likes

What do you mean?

50+% of the minting shares (and some development) are required to make you the sole block creator in the main chain (by ignoring other’s blocks). Then you can do anything that would require more than 50% since you now have 100%. But there are not many things that require more than 50%. And since this is based on the minting shares there’s the possibility that some dormant shares awake and make the other chain takeover. But I’m not sure this has anything to do with your question.

What I mean is that we lowered the percentage of shares minting necessary to do to a protocol switch when we weren’t getting enough people to upgrade, even though it was found out just to be a bug.

Jordan/Phoenix evidently has a lot of shares, so the only way to fork him out of the network would be to lower the percentage and hope that shareholders have enough shares over him in order to meet the requirement for a protocol switch.

Then we can get rid of him for good.

The new protocol would have to do something that the old one doesn’t to actually make a fork (but it could just be rejecting blocks from the old protocol).

The minimum percentage we can use to trigger the protocol switch is 50%. But if the new protocol actually gets about 50% of support the switch may be troublesome with frequent reorganizations until one of the chains settles. And reorganizations of more than 7 days would be very problematic.

Anyway since Phoenix currently holds the remaining development funds I don’t think forking him out is the best course of action to finish B&C.

If he refuses to hand over the dev fund, it means we lost it, and to fork him out is an inevitable result.

1 Like

Form RSOT.
Request the funds being handed over to RSOT according to

See what happens. I hope he doesn’t hide behind a missing request to hand over NSR, because technically the request is to hand over the remaining development fund.
Take appropriate action.

So @Sabreiib’s RSOT volunteer motion passed and @mhps and @Cybnate’s motions are still up for voting. Once they pass, does that mean we will still need 3 more multisig volunteers in order to comply with this RSOT formation motion? It says that we need 6 multisig signers. So basically Phoenix won’t have to do anything unless 3 more people step forward?

6 signers must be elected, or make a new motion to modify the number.I remember @backpacker and @cryptog’s also being voted. @jooize’s too?

My motion to join RSOT is still up for voting aswell.

Edit: WIth a bit more support my RSOT join motion would pass.

1 Like

I will vote for it when I get home from work. Are there links to any other motions?

We need one more person to submit an application to join RSOT. I don’t know of any older motions left sitting around, so this one will have to start voting from scratch.

What about yourself. As a large shareholder and not a signer you would be a good ‘fit’.

3 Likes

I was hoping somebody else that actually knows what they’re doing would step up. I don’t know anything about multisig and never followed discussions about it from FLOT.