[PASSED] Motion to change dividend period 001 of Kiara Tamm’s liquidity grant proposal

https://nubits.com/nushares/voting-mechanics#how-does-a-motion-vote-work is a tutorial (with video) on how to cast motion votes.

Basically, if you support this motion you’ll need to enter this RIPEMD-160 hash of the motion into your Nu client to vote:
3AE690D8C1F6ABE82125A41284655D8B744DA529

Let us know if you have any difficulties with this and we’ll help you out further.

1 Like

The client has changed a little since that video was produced, because it now supports multiple motions. Instead, click the plus sign, then double-click the white box that appears and paste the hash inside. Then click OK.

Again, just post here if you have any trouble. Thanks!

So there’s no time limit on motions? It just has to enough enough people voting for it, and over time it will eventually hit 5001/10000 blocks and be considered passed?

Yes, and custodial grants work the same way. This means a 45% minority might be enough to pass a motion if it eventually gets lucky with minting. However, a 25% minority, for example, has pretty much no chance of accidentally exceeding 5001 of the most recent 10000 blocks. A majority of coin days destroyed is also required to pass a motion or grant.

Is it possible to push the news of motion to the Nu client.

Hi folks,

The motion passed today at approximately 14:50 EST. This time should be used for valuing the purchase of dividends.

The value of PPC/USD at 14:50 EST was: 0.732
The value of PPC/BTC at 14:50 EST was: 0.00197

This means that approximately 68306 PPC should be purchased for the first distribution. The amount of the second portion of dividend period 001 should be announced by @KTm once the funds become available.

@KTm has 71.66 hours to complete the first distribution.

pb

2 Likes

I don’t think the amount of PPC to be purchased for the second distribution can be determined at this time. When it is time to make the announcement of the second portion, it makes sense to use the price of PPC at that time to make the calculation.

I agree. I edited my post.

@KTm Will the original plan for funds acquisition be followed, or has the conversion to PPC already taken place?

The peercoins required to fulfil the distribution of dividends will be purchased on the open market.

Exchanges with a lower amount of peercoin trading volume are preferred, primarily because we’ll be able to offer better-than-average prices for larger blocks of peercoins. If attempted on a deeply liquid exchange (such as BTC-e), the net effect will likely be a run-up of price, or a backing-away of the order because traders will view it as an intentionally placed “wall,” rather than a real order.

A premium may be required to attain a better price.

We will attempt to push traders to raise volume on secondary markets through their attempts to arbitrage the price difference made available.

The Custodian will split orders between one and four exchanges (divided proportionately each exchange).

Splitting the trades across exchanges lowers the exposure risk of exchange default(s).

Could someone link the short guide on importing your dividend (I’m aware it hasn’t gone out yet)? I’ve tried searching and can’t seem to find it again; thanks!

Just uploaded a link to Ben’s post on our website at https://nubits.com/nushares/dividends . Thank you for the reminder @Yurizhai .

1 Like

Thank you!

Thank you, @pennybreaker.

Dividend purchase has begun, and I fully expect to meet the obligations set forth in this motion. To address @Chronos’s question, I will utilize all of the tools available to me as defined in the proposal to maximize shareholder value for the dividend. Leveraging premium pricing on smaller exchanges to buy larger blocks of peercoins will be one of the strategies that I will employ.

Based on the results of my trading, I should have an update within 24 hours for when the dividend distribution will be made. Dividends will be paid to all shareholders who held NSR at the point in time 36 hours before the distribution is made, in tandem with a public announcement.

Tracking is being made for the second part of the Period 001 dividend. Further updates will be communicated after this first portion of the Period 001 dividend has been paid.

//KTm

4 Likes

Thanks KTm. I would expect now selling NSR to be disappear and price go up if the selling guys read the news :slight_smile:

If I buy more Nushare now, would I get dividends for these new shares?

You must own the shares 36 hours before the dividend is paid out. With roughly 44 hours left, you would not get it unless KTm cuts it fairly close to her deadline. It might be worth buying them in case she does cut it close or something goes wrong and she misses it, but her last post made it seem like everything is on track.

How many times dividends will be distribute per year?

Motion voted.

It depends on how sales go. The proposal shows 60 or 70 periods, each with a dividend (decreasing in size).

This motion has passed.