[Passed] LiquidBits term 5 grant - Automatic Liquidity Pool (ALP)

Hate to see you give up, but if it’s getting to be too much we’ll all understand. Put a motion forward to cease all liquidbits operations and burn all funds. I know it’s not really necessary, but it would get everyone on the same page. You still have >30 days left in your grant right?

Just in case ceasing operation is your way to go: Would transferring the funds to another pool (backed by a motion?) be an option for you, Cybnate?

@nmei @nagalim Would you guys be interested in taking over the CCEDK pairs after all?

2 Likes

nbt/usd on ccedk is miles ahead of the only substitute – cryptsy. In fact it is also much better than all other nbt/fiat including nbt/cny on bter (broken).
please keep it running.

1 Like

I don’t have an API pair for CCEDK. Can someone check this for me? CCEDK, USD.
Of course no payouts, don’t use big amounts for testing.

159.203.114.178:3333

Ok, i got an API key and some funds. My nud on this new server is having troubles downloading blocks, I’m stuck at 0 blocks. Once that’s fixed, I’m up and running. 0.0085 tolerance, 0.18%/day, 5,000 NBT on each side. This is the only thing running on my new 4GB server.

I am getting issues client side with retrieving the CCEDK order book (an API problem)

1 Like

Not giving up yet. It is just that I don’t have the capability to track and trace software bugs myself. I’ve tried and wasted a lot of time, I’ve asked for help but it appears not to be an easy one to trap. And then we still need to fix it.

I was just starting with the Southxchange testing which will commence soon assuming the software stays stable for multiple days in a row as it has been in the last period.

Not having those issues and nud works fine on a 2Gb server. Hope you can get to the real problem soon.

I’m a provider for both USD and EUR. So I’ll be watching this thread.
@Cybnate - Let us know how you are doing. Especially if we need to spin up a motion to keep things running for a short while.

Thanks, things are still running for now. The problem is that I can’t fix the bug which rears it’s head once in a while causing outages and I’m not 24/7 available to restart. It may take up to 12 hours given the commitments I have at work. As long as you accept that I will keep on restarting the server until a new version becomes available, things are fine.

I’m also open to receive working code from respectable sources to help trace down the bug and fix it, although I’m not sure if that is worth the effort given that I understand that the new server software becomes available soon.

Would it work if you kill the server every 2 hr and restart it?

I’m interested to hear why you think that would work. But anyway even if that would work and it would be highly undesirable as with each server restart the payouts will be reset to zero effectively nullifying the payouts.

If the error is caused by accumulated effect of some kind then resetting the program often ends the effect before it is bad enough to cause problem.

One could write the balances to a file before restarting and read them back after. If that is too much progrramming maybe it could restart right after a payout.

1 Like

My server is up and running fine, working on CCEDK’s NBT/USD as a backup for liquidbits. I am not paying out from that server, but it’s there if you need it. I can pick up official liquidity operations there with little notice.

1 Like

You could tinker with another fiat pairs such as DDK and CNY or one of the bitXXX on CCEDK. Might be interesting, especially DKK which I remember has smooth bank connections.

It’s not that easy, there’s APIs and data feeds and stuff. Besides, I’m busy.

I thought you have figured CCEDK APIs out from installing nbt/usd and data feeds form nbt/cny on bter. But it’s no big deal.

Nah, I don’t do any of the wrapper or data feed stuff. I’m trying to figure it all out for nuauctions, but it’s a slow process. If you can give me a working fork of the alp bot, I’d be happy to try stuff out.

Announcement: Server restart after the automatic payout in approximately 1.5 hours time.

This will add SouthExchange to the supported exchanges on LiquidBits, but just for testing. There is a close to zero payout for now. Will let you know the details when ready.

I’m also adding an auto restart function which will restart the server.py software when stopped. That will hopefully increase the continuity of the LiquidBits pool. It is also worth noting that the server is stable with auto payouts for over 1 week by now.

1 Like

Server has been restarted, however the auto restart function is not working yet. Needs further analyses why it is failing. This won’t affect the normal operations.

1 Like

where can i find the client bot to test southx?

Haven’t had the chance to do some proper testing and updating of the bots.
However you should be able to take another configuration file and replace the the following items at the bottom under the general operation parameters - do not change:

GENERAL OPERATION PARAMETERS - DO NOT CHANGE

server=nbt.liquidbits.net
unit=btc
exchange=southxchange

Please let me know if you have any luck. Max liquidity is 1000 for each side, but payout is close to zero.
Otherwise it will have to wait till the weekend as I don’t have a lot of spare time at the moment.

in 0.51 version there is a client for southx so i tried above settings but i get the error: unknown exchange
Then i tried
exchange=southx
i don’t get the error but i am not connecting, the cursor just blinking :slight_smile: