[Passed] Grant to continue tier 4 operations and core development

Begin Proposal
Despite the large amount of this requested grant, it is for routine purposes that merely enable the status quo, much like the monthly grants to pool operators. The shareholder wallet under my control combined with wallet used to pay contractors only have about 45000 NBT in it. I have stated before that I must reserve 30000 to pay contractors.The agreement between contractors and myself is that I am personally responsible for their payment. At an average burn rate of 10,000 per month, this would be enough to give 30 days notice of termination of our contract and still pay all obligations even if expenses were above average in the last month (this event is quite unlikely).

Therefore, I only have 15,000 NBT that can be used as tier 4
liquidity right now, and yet the network has needed me to bring about
30,000 of tier 4 sell side liquidity in the last week. That may not last
long, making this custodial grant urgent. FSRT also has tier 4
liquidity, but there has been an unexpected delay in the availability of those funds, and the funds I had proved quite useful. Even if FSRT were completely ready right now, we still need backups and redundancy in our tier 4 sell side liquidity. Soon FLOT will be the primary solution and FSRT the backup, but that isn’t the case yet.

The granted funds will only be used for tier 4 sell side in accordance with unpassed motion f99ddf406a32d39be7d614c13dc1ce63c96e4003
and for development and marketing in an average amount of about 10,000 NBT per month, as a continuation of the current practice. Any other use of these funds, such as additional development, must be approved by shareholder motion first.
End Proposal

Hash of proposal text: e95204709f1dc24fcb29e1f0cae4c14f1f2fc2ef (do not put this hash in your Nu client). You will only be able to verify the hash using the Firefox or Tor browser. The assistant that normally helps format custodial grants appears to be asleep.

2 Likes

Voted.

This proposal embodies the entangled state of dev fund and liquidity.

Can you confirm that this is for Nu development?

I have more questions related to the liquidity part.

So this grant is not FSRT, not FLOT, but an emergency for now and it will be a backup for Tier 4 eventually? How then is the fund going to be used then? I am confused how many component in Tier 4 and how they are used.

Shouldn’t the amount in f99ddf406a32d39be7d614c13dc1ce63c96e4003 be modified in light of this proposal (which didn;t go through a draft phase)? And I suppose those who haven’t decided on f99 or @Nagalim’s draft shouldn’t vote for this proposal.

This is an inbetween measure, because the FSRT is having issues and JL wants a central point of control until the FLOT can be established. I’m on the fence about whether or not I’m going to vote, I am certainly not comfortable with taking the step backwards that this grant represents.
As far as f99, this is simply using that ruleset as a proxy until FLOT is established. For the short period of time this is intended, the changes I make in that draft are not super consequential (though it should be noted that a 35% threshold instead of a 40% would affect how much this grant participates in standard operations).

Thanks but I would like to hear Jordan’s view.

1 Like

I’m not able to verify the hash with the motion text presented here.

@jordanlee can you please use the standard motion / grant layout generated through assistant?

@assistant just testing, it was down earlier

Something went bang back here!

Support this emergency grant, but I hope it can be shared at some stage why the FSRT is not able to respond. Multi-sig is still complicated for many and I hope FLOT can take the lessons learned into their implementation.

Will added it to my datafeed once hashed and verifiable. Will need to take a bit more time for the related F99 and Nagalim’s motion. Trying to assess the pros and cons but it is not that straightforward.

Very sorry for the delay.
I could not verify the hash but because of the urgency of the situation, that is fine.
Voted.

voted

Same here, just added it to my datafeed.

@assistant custodian vote BT9AWq9r1i6kghZc6LtrvNb2wRFh7JLCdP

Watch the destroyed share days go through the roof on this one.

Did somebody wake up Snow White coins? :wink:

e.g. http://blockexplorer.nu/address/Se3uEns8UiiYa7vhBLoxyJ3tCuqzD6Lf2V/1/newest was asleep from 25th August until yesterday. And before August it was asleep after some activity that ended early May. Too lazy to dig deeper.
Some NSR holders are funny people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Minting difficulty already shows.

Passed according to http://blockexplorer.nu/votes/success

@assistant custodian vote BT9AWq9r1i6kghZc6LtrvNb2wRFh7JLCdP

Hi @jooize

I couldn’t find the details for the Custodian Vote on BT9AWq9r1i6kghZc6LtrvNb2wRFh7JLCdP:

Title edited to “passed”.

1 Like

I’m picky, but I would make it [Passed] (not all capitals) in line with the rest.

1 Like