[PASSED] Custodial grant to rebuild NuBits.com

Sure, I was aware that updates were meant to be easier.
But I wasn’t aware that forking and running the site would be easy as well. Maybe I should with that assessment until I really tried, though - just in case I can, almost anybody can :wink:

I’m not sure if a thread has been started but it’s a great time to start discussing content changes to the site. Anyone familiar with using markdown can assist in the content creation, and others with more experience using github can assist in plugging it into the right place. It’s going to take a bit of time to figure out how SCF formatted the Jekyll structure but it looks pretty well partitioned and should be easy to update.

2 Likes

NuBits.com is now being served directly from the github repo. Changes made to the master branch of https://github.com/NuNetwork/nunetwork.github.io will immediately be reflected on the main website.

1 Like

Certain Nu neteork operations relies on the forum to conduct, such as multisig tx signing. At critical times there should be a contingency plan if the forum has a chance to be unavailable.

the chatroom is always available and not subject to downtimes of the site or forum

1 Like

So this process is now officially complete. I will say that I had to pay the remaining bill to SCF out of pocket since i’m unable to convert the NBT granted to me into BTC. @ryanschmidt can confirm that they have received the final payment. I will be holding onto the remaining 1500 NBT from the custodial grant.

2 Likes

but the signed transactions and even deposit addresses can only be found on the forum.

Confirmed receipt. Thanks again guys for the opportunity. We look forward to working together in the future.

1 Like

I would recommend to always have at least two methods of communication available for mission-critical operations like you describe.

The forums have experienced 99.99% uptime over the past two years, but it’s an amateur run and self-financed operation and I cannot and will not make a promise of 100% availability.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this may bring.

1 Like

that is good advice. the forum allows productive communication. Is there a way to automatically copy the text to a separate server as an archive/information backup?

1 Like

Discourse has an API and everything that you can read is available to be scrapped, so it’s certainly possible.

Automatic backups are configured, right? :slight_smile:

Yes the forum is automatically backed up to an AWS box.

2 Likes