[PASSED] Custodial grant to rebuild NuBits.com

I support this. I’ve worked with Skycatchfire on several projects already and they’re complete professionals.

Another supporter here.

I support making it open sourced.
But perhaps the hourly rate could be a negotiated a bit?

If you want to hire

you gotta pay for that.

Would you rather have an hourly rate of $100, but an estimation for 30 hours effort and maybe a worse outcome?

I find the $150 steep, too, but it’s not extraordinarily high for a professional contract - on the contrary!

$3,000 for the complete rework the support and the documentation sounds fair after what I’ve read here.
…there are other places at which Nu needs to save money - especially in terms of ongoing costs and not one time efforts :wink:

3 Likes

While I don’t think a web site job is as expensive as a blockchain one usually, a well executed site meeting the goals in the OP would be worth it.

Sorry for the delay.

FINAL PROPOSAL: https://daology.org/proposals/9d51e6acffb6ebffc5dc49fbba4ba08df41bb4c1

ADDRESS: B6t3WuYQvqEW9SqjmpJDA1oy9cXbyFzgoq
AMMOUNT: 3,000 NBT

once/if this passes I will begin working with @ryanschmidt to start the process of the site conversion.

2 Likes

I am voting to support this.

I think open sourcing the web site is very important to further foster the decentralizedness of Nu as a DAC or DAO.

Therefore I support this grant and I expect that the work will be very well executed with the high hourly rate.
An open sourced web site will be a huge asset for Nu

Added to my voting data feed

This grant has passed. Heading to Vegas for gambl… errr contacting @ryanschmidt and SkyCatchFire to begin process of transitioning the website.

4 Likes

Quick update. SkyCatchFire is beginning work on this. We’ll receive an update once they’ve reached the agreed upon checkpoint in the motion.

4 Likes

Another quick update:

@ryanschmidt has indicated that it will take extra time to get all of the site content reorganized in an easy to update format and converted to markdown. He has also assured the project completion would still be within the original budget. I told him this isn’t something that we need rushed to completion and to take their time.

4 Likes

@CoinGame can you please give us an update? Are we near the end of rebuild? There are things that need to be done to the site and I have no idea when they can happen. any eta on the release?

I have no updates regarding timelines. Any content updates can be worked on now though. Just do it in markdown and it should be a simple copy/paste job into the sites source code when it’s ready.

Site conversion is completed.

You can see a live version of the github page here:

http://nunetwork.github.io/NuBits.com/

The source code is available here:

If anyone has time please play around with the live version of the site to help make sure things are working. When we’re confident with what we have here we can begin transitioning the nubits.com domain to utilize the github page.

From that point anyone can help update content on the website by submitting a pull request to the repo. Merged code will automatically update on nubits.com

7 Likes

awesome.

It looks aswesome and at first glance exactly like the original site!

I will, but can’t make that right now.
Is raising issues at https://github.com/NuNetwork/NuBits.com/issues the preferred way to list findings with things that don’t work like expected?

Do you know of a guide how to host such a repo as live site?
Cloning the repo, playing with it and adjusting it before pull requests are made would be a good way to test changes before they go live.
But I haven’t done such a thing before…

Nice!

Yes raise issues using the issues feature on the repo.[quote=“masterOfDisaster, post:37, topic:3564”]
Do you know of a guide how to host such a repo as live site?
[/quote]

At the top right of the repo you can “fork” the repo. This will make a copy of the repo in your own personal repo list on github. For the page to be rendered you must make an edit to one of the existiing files, but after that you can access your own personal copy of the site at http://<YourGithubUsername>.github.io/NuBits.com/. From there you should be able to make edits and submit those edits as pull requests to be merged into the live site. Hopefully we’ll put together a more through document on the process, but that’s the gist of it.

Thank you! I’ll give it a try. Wasn’t aware that it’s that simple - at least it sounds simple…

The goal was to make the site incredibly easy for anyone with basic coding skills (or simple markdown skills) to update. GitHub hosting it for free is a plus.