[Passed] ALix & RAW.coinerella - Six Month Contract (Proposed 11/2015)

@willy Looking forward to another proposal. I m sure nu would like to pay for a regular service under a more favorable licensing to Nu.

Agree, the service is valuable. The licensing is just not really in alignment with NUā€™s philosophy in my opinion.
I would vote for closed source start with promise to rolling open source version in 6 months as Dysconnect suggest above. That would be a compromise though.
Not sure if your current approach with advertisements is paying the bills. I hope you consider this offer or reconsider the escrow proposal.

Iā€™ve posted a revised draft on daology here:

https://daology.org/proposals/f1321650972f798a608a40a82bf07854e36b0e69

Changes:
-Open Source for ALix
-Exclusive contract for six months, Nu may chose another provider then
-added / changed cost items due to updates made within the last proposal period

Willy

2 Likes

I think it is nice now. What is the link to the source code of Alix and when will raw.coineralla be open sourced?

Raw.coinerella will need to be rewritten with ALPv2 when that is ready for production. That version will be open sourced.

Ā§ 5 (3) refers to the day, the announcement thread is created. Not the proposal thread :sunny:

1 Like

Thatā€™s a very big concession on your side; I applaud this decision but the consensus appears to leave a bit more space than that for your own interests. I hope you are actually comfortable with it.

Iā€™m a shareholder after all. :nsr:

5 Likes

@mhps
as promised:

https://alix.coinerella.com/charts/?select=4h_ma_percent

Moving Average chart now available (?json also has this data now)

2 Likes

Great. Itā€™s interesting to see in the 24hr percent chart that buy side turns from 65% to 40%. There is no way FLOT can follow the ā€œ40% ruleā€ strictly in such short period day after day.

Suggestion - Itā€™s better to fix display range to 24hr for all MA period. i.e. make MA4hr and MA15min displayed in 24 hr range.

What is the difference between announcement and proposal?

Appreciate this move. This looks a lot better.

Could you please explain the 800 NBT difference from the previous grant though?
The previous grant was 3740 NBT, this one asks for ~4536 NBT.

Would you remove the advertisements when this grant passes?

Iā€™m also still a bit concerned that the risk for additional maintenance costs sits entirely with Nu. How would you justify additional hours?

Good idea, will implement that very soon.
Keep telling me what you need, reading charts and analyzing them is not my expertise.

This is the proposal thread. Iā€™ll create a separate announcement thread when the grant passes and weā€™re good to go.
Itā€™s more overseeable this way.

As for software costs:
Iā€™ve been working on ALix while the proposal was still open. The charts page youā€™re seeing now is the most noticeable part of this. Basically, this is part of the compensation I would have requested in a first update. Iā€™ve merged the update work with the previous version so this is now the true v 1.0 of ALix.

As for running costs:
Pingdom is a new item on the list. They help me monitor the performance of the website.
Iā€™ll receive notifications via SMS in case something goes wrong.
They also have a service which they call ā€œroot cause analysisā€ which makes it way easier to locate problems on the line between the client and the server. That will actively help reducing maintenance / fixing work, in case something goes down.

Read more about their product here: https://www.pingdom.com/product

Of course.

The only way I see additional hours coming up would be a massive server failure. Massive meaning, that it would require to reinstall the whole system. The providers Iā€™m working with currently are quite swift in responding, in case of emergency, so I will know pretty quickly whatā€™s going wrong and if itā€™s worth to wait for the server to come up again or just let the backup server do the work for a little while.
Even if that event should occur, it should be mitigated in around 2-3 hours.

Given my experience with the server structure so far, Iā€™m confident to say that the maintenance package is good and it is very likely that it will last the whole contract.

2 Likes

I know youā€™re still in flux, but the website makes it hard to find the good stuff (charts and tables). The grant sounds good to me.

Specifically this:
https://www.coinerella.com/index.php/ALix

Letā€™s have a chat on gitter about this. Always interested to get feedback.

Implemented.

1 Like
  1. Iā€™ve added a clause regarding ad-free services.

2. As I havenā€™t received any further feedback, Iā€™ve put this up for voting.

Thanks and happy nu year.

2 Likes

There are too many charts.

Most people look for trends in a chart, and sometimes read details. All details in 15min-range charts are easy enough to find out in 4 hr-range charts. So there is no need for 15min-range charts.

24hr-range isnā€™t quite enough, I suggest substitute it with 48h-range ones.

Combine MA15 and MA4hr charts by plotting them in one chart.

So the chart page should be simplified as
Values

1. 48hr range
  2. 4hr range
    Percentage
  3. 48hr range
  4. 4hr range
    Moving Average
  5. MA4r+MA15min in 48hr range (this is the most useful of all)
  6. MA4r+MA15min in 4hr range

To make it really good, 3) and 5) can be combined by plotting percentage with disconnected points and MAs with connected curves. Do the same with 4)+6)

2 Likes

I want a year long range. Thereā€™s probably a reason this isnā€™t practical, but a longer range of data would be great. I want to be able to observe how the sell % went from 50 to 35 in the last couple days.

I am fine with the conditions. Voting.

1 Like

Fine with the updated conditions as posted here: https://daology.org/proposals/f1321650972f798a608a40a82bf07854e36b0e69 with hash: 4b9adbf56c7852c9b7daecd241ec1dc06bbd2a94

Adding to my datafeed soon

Iā€™m voting for this proposal now as well.