[Passed] ALix & RAW.coinerella - Six Month Contract (Proposed 11/2015)

Nice. It would be very useful to have a buy percentage chart.

Updated.
Iā€™ll think about how to arrange those chart more neatly.

https://alix.coinerella.com/walls/charts/selector.php

is the result of this thought process.

Happy to hear your feedback.

1 Like

The software is evolving and getting improved. It is more and more difficult to refuse to pay for the grant despite the license conflict.

1 Like

I like seeing the improvements, I donā€™t like the pressure you are applying. I really believe that we need to have an appropriate backup for critical Nu resources which canā€™t be decentralised due to the license. I think escrow is a reasonable request.

That I agree. Please note that I am not voting yet for the grant.

https://alix.coinerella.com/volume/gui_index.php

now includes ALix 60 (last 60 day average)

@cryptog Iā€™ll announce my decision regarding updated terms shortly. Hopefully this week.

2 Likes

@cybnate @cryptog

Iā€™ve added the following clause to the daology proposal

Coinerella permits trusted shareholder woolly_sammoth to publish the code audited by him in case Coinerella becomes unresponsive to requests made through https://www.coinerella.com/index.php/Contact for more than 30 consecutive days .

New hash:

898a7957129be04cc469ad6d2e96805219fdb3e8

2 Likes

Tks. I think it s much better. It would give Nu a way to get the code source in case something happens. But what if you leave the community while you are responsive?
Would you be willing to give out the code in case you leave Nu?

2 Likes

Let me refer to my statement on open sourcing this project here: [Passed] ALix & RAW.coinerella - Six Month Contract (Proposed 11/2015)

Allowing to open source this software in case I jump out seems like open source through a back door.

Regarding the latest developments in this community:
Please check very carefully if something that has decentralized in itā€™s title really fulfills that claim or if it may be the worst of two worlds.

What do you mean?

I was referring to competing proposals dealing with ā€œtrustlessā€ data gathering.

I see.

This proposal doesnā€™t seem to have a chance to pass and has thus been withdrawn.

That would be unfortunate as practically youā€™d go a long way if you can convince just the most popular feed providers.

What if you put down a clause that you open source a major version upgrade one year (or some other time period) after its release?

So the November code should be open sourced next November. Code written between November and May 2016 for requested features should be open sourced May 2017, and so on.

It would take a large investment for anyone to try replacing you, which wonā€™t make it cheaper for Nu.

1 Like

I think an amended version would have a very good chance at passing. We all recognize the need for services like the one you are pioneering, itā€™s just a matter of coming to an agreement. Iā€™ve mentioned before that our digital democracy will begin resembling real politics eventually, and this is a good example of legislation (motions) needing to be tweaked just a bit to gain the popular vote.

Also, I suspect there is a higher prevalence of apathetic voting in December during the Christmas season. Iā€™ve held off hashing a motion on my capital control idea for that reason.

2 Likes

This is true. I personally havenā€™t been around lately because of Christmas related events.

I think you are right. No matter what religious beliefs you have or in what cultural environment you live in - in December the world spins more slowly.

That actually is already a result of heavy influence of Roman culture. There are many different calendars followed traditionally by different cultures of the world, but end-of-the-year business occurs in December anyway because itā€™s more or less an imposed standard that (Gregorian) December is the end of the year, rather than the end of the year as designated by other calendars.

Well it doesnā€™t have to be Gregorian for a calendar to use the Winter Solstice (~December 22nd) to mark the end of a year.