Our forum is incredibly active compared to other cryptos

Partly it. It started from the Peercoin community. Long on technology and ideology and short on PR and flexibility. We should adjust our acceptance level on making bold statements (hype if you will). In a noisy room you need to speak louder to make yourself heard.

Is this the ultimate reason Nubits don’t get listed on most of the big exchanges?

If NSR price has no role in defending the peg, it has no use to make our product better. Hence there should be no connection between it (NSR price) and the performance of Nubits. Therefore it will not reflect how Nu grow. So why do we want it?

Put it in a hard question: if NSR doesn’t support the peg, does it want to receive buyback and dividends?

3 Likes

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks.

This is what Satoshi left in Genesis block.

I understand Satoshi hate central banks very very much! In the central bank hostile cryptoworld, hugging USD is not welcomed, natually. It seems we are selling Sumsang phones in the meeting of Apple fans.:grinning:

The major reasons I’d name to explain, why the market rate of the Nu network is so low (compared to others):

• a lot of expenses
  • close to no net revenue
  • complex business processes, a lot of them being done manually instead of being automated
  • (currently) operating in a risky business providing liquidity for hedging BTC volatility at exchanges
  • still being an infant with a lot to learn
  • startups in the early phase often have little value, that only changes rapidly once people realize the potential
  • obstacles that complicate Nu’s business
  • trading NBT/USD makes dealing with the asset USD hard
  • trading NBT/BTC makes dealing with the risks of asset BTC hard

One NBT is still one Dollar! Have a look at CCDDK.
But it failed to be always one Dollar quoted in BTC…

1 Like

B&C will solve all the problems, that’s why I joined in B&C. B&C is the nearest model to Hayek theory, let’s try!

Tier 6 needs to be used countercyclical, if it shall be effective: sell NSR when Nu is in good shape.
But why do that and how to store the proceeds?
Tier 6 will give us some work. Simply giving it up isn’t the best idea.

NuShares do support the peg, but shouldn’t do so in a tier 6 way through NSR sales. Rather, NuShares are the mechanism that give shareholders control over the network and its liquidity operations, which provide peg support. Buybacks and dividends are not important for holding value in NuShares, (as they do this job quite poorly as we’ve seen recently) rather they’re important for two reasons, making NuShares an attractive purchase for investors and giving shareholders the financial motivation to continue investing their energy into expanding and improving the network.

Without buybacks and dividends, we need to rely on convincing many shareholders to work for free because of the potential rewards that could come in the future. As a motivational tool, small occasional buybacks and dividends to shareholders now is a much better way of getting shareholders to contribute to the success of the network as opposed to getting people to work for free for a potential reward that could come years from now or not at all. I’m talking about regular shareholders here and not paid contractors. Buybacks and dividends should only be used in the event we have a surplus over our reserve requirements, but I believe they could act as a great motivational tool to inspire people to promote NuBits adoption if used correctly.

1 Like

Google inc. was founded in 1998-1999 when internet bubble was going to crush.

So keep on going, let’s make Nu/B&C successful companies.

There is huge petential market for micrpayment and online content consumption, don’t be too narrow on the crypto speculation!

Raiden network will implement 1,000,000 tx per second! oops. If you guys continue to ignore micropayment, I’ll hug Raiden network!

2 Likes

Holding shares’ incentive is price promotion and dividend, just ask yourselves where is the revenue of Nu?

Don’t forget also about Storj slack community!
Storj has a lot of hype, advertisement, presentations. The CEO and dev team are not anonymous.
It is very transparent in all its processes. People trust it and find it useful. I follow it since its birth :wink:
I would add maidsafe also (but not sure about it)

2 Likes

As I said, they should only be used when our reserve requirements have been met and we have a surplus. They would never happen in situations like we find ourselves in right now.

They would act as a motivational tool to get people to promote NuBits adoption and use, which equals transaction fees burned and final revenue. No dividends/buybacks means a lack of incentive for people to buy NuShares and promote the sale and use of NuBits.

Of course, it is said Chinese prime minister planned to make an artificial bull share market and sell state owned companies share to eliminate the debts(NSR-NBT shift). But, the plan was heavily hammered by free market in reality.

But we should be at least as clever as prime minister. LOL

BTW, why not contact websites, and share 1% revenue of customers paying the content online at those websites? If youtube is unreachable, there are milllions of websites!

Why would Nu arrange dividend and share buy back at all? Are we as rich as Apple inc with billions of cash? I totally disagree with these naive behavior!

Are you pretending to be a success/profitable company? A Ponzi?

Do you have basic knowledge of accounting? Selling NBT is of zero profit, unless you have 1000 nuclear warhead and charge seigniorage!

Any way B&C can solve this – any proposal already anyone? @Sabreiib ? the pegging using fiat pairs

Loosen the NBT/BTC peg is the only approach I can think of.
The promise of keeping NBT pegged to USD quoted in BTC is close to a lie.

Probably

Exchanges are interested in making money out of trade volume –
With NuBits, they have bots making the market and artificially “fixing” the price.
I believe they dont like the non-market based economics

Yeah, B&C has the potential to solve Nu’s problems.

Nu’s “Seven Deadly Sins”

1. Charge seigniorage without a single AK47. Directly keep proceed NBT sale as profit, while ignoring basic accounting rules.

In fact, The real revenue of Nu are transaction fee destroyed within network and premium of BTC holding. Either small or unstable.

1. Distribution of dividends without sufficient revenue

2. Buy back shares without sufficient revenue

3. Hug FED, central banks, Judas of cryptoworld.

4. Want to achieve impossible trinity at same time. i.e. strict peg; free capital flow and independant monetary police.

5. Plan to sell NSR for BTC when company in danger to maintain peg, “Crime Inducing”. Even myself want to push NBT price to 0.5$ and buy NSR like water. :slight_smile: Salute that guy with 12,000NBT in hands without doing such bad things!

6. Focus on cryptos arbitrage while ignoring the real future: online content comsumption payments.

I’m not curious about how small market cap of Nu, I wonder why Nu still alive.

Hope B&C will change these, otherwise my limited patience will gone.

Many wonder why bitcoin is still alive. Zero reserve and non-zero price! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A lot of your feedback is providing valuable points of view.

But this one doesn’t

With 12,000 NBT you won’t have success at Poloniex.

Wed Jun  1 08:31:04 UTC 2016
status of mOD dual side NuBot at Poloniex:
nud getliquidityinfo B | grep B9gXptkoqAApF3AFrQyhUbhSzvuEudxupt -A 2
        "B9gXptkoqAApF3AFrQyhUbhSzvuEudxupt" : {
            "buy" : 11886.08,
            "sell" : 20161.9209
status of zoro dual side NuBot at Poloniex:
nud getliquidityinfo B | grep BJs4YbtaqCmxeHLiR6zzjnZEotYVFAPfMo -A 2
        "BJs4YbtaqCmxeHLiR6zzjnZEotYVFAPfMo" : {
            "buy" : 11055.96,
            "sell" : 19665.5832

$23,000 are there on buy side.
Another 31 BTC are on T4 reserve and can replenish the gateways.
Based on that alone, you need some more money.

And I promise you: as soon as @zoro’s buy side funds are depleted at 5% offset and my buyside funds are depleted at 7.5% offset, the next orders I’m going to put there will have even more offset, but not 50% anytime soon. @zoro will hopefully follow me.
You’ll need much more money to bring NBT down to $0.50 in the NBT/BTC pair :wink:

2 Likes

Bitcoin is not a company, it is just a gift from the god satoshi, a commodity.:slight_smile:

Gold companies may become bankcrupt, but gold itself never bankcrupt, unless the Satoshi is not as a good designer as “God”.

Gold is still there in the world even the whole human being extincts, BTC is still in Internet world before any DAO comes into being, and even all DAO die off.

Your concepts need to improve.

1. Can you assure that guy has only 12,000NBT not 60,000 NBT?

2)Can you assure that guy is not good at spread rumors/panics?
How many NBTs out of Nu’s hands & in circulation?

3)Attackers may lose half money by selling 60,000NBT @0.5$, but he may recover by ransacking NSR at extreme low price. Because Nu’s fate is held in his hands, the peg. After commit such crime, he may return to our community as a saviour providing money to rebuild peg and sell NSR gradually.

Agree, in the stink of money, cryptoworld full of speculators, scammers, liars, we need to learn how to tell story, sell concepts, and draw the beatiful future pictures. This doesn’t mean we become same as them, just an extra equipment, we also continue to do the most difficulty thing: issue private money.

How about rename BKC to HYK and declare the first Hayek good money experiment in human being’s history? Different from bitcoin and other 1000 alt coins. :slight_smile: