[Voting] Revised NSR Buyback and Reserve Operation Calculator #2

I am not sure the calculator is still useful for directing operations. For information the current calculator covers most financial components of Nu except funds in liquidity operators’ hands.

The following proposal is for the case when calculation methods f operational funds still need to be updated. If the shareholders only needs to see e.g. the outsanding NBT, they can run the calculator for free, or I can agree to post at the end of every Friday (+/- 2hr) for a total of $90 for three months.

If you support this vote for 3b4ec86051d609fbc93f1527cf28991a18008d16

(Do NOT vote for this old one 72ae0ebb730b4bf6c6910922191e00869f8f4aae )

Proposal is on Daology

Following #1 period Nu shareholders agree to pay mhps up to $300 (300 USD) to

a) continue maintaining and improving the buyback and reserve operation calculator for 3 months, starting on the day when this motion is approved. The payment will be made with a grant proposal or a motion at the end of the 3-month term.

b) perform the weekend calculation run and post the result free of charge.

c) make best effort to inform the shareholders if mhps’ service is unavailable 48 hours in advance.

mhps will adjust the monthly rate for a possible renewal proposal for the next term based on work/time spent in this 3 month term, using a $25 (25 USD) per hour rate.

The above proposal is withdrawn. A revised version is being discussed below.

new motion draft is at daology

1 Like

No one commented. I put this on voting so shareholders can have an explicit opinion.

It is not clear what currency you are looking for in the motion, I don’t see an easy way to pay with US$.
Anyway, given the situation I’m not sure if this is still valuable enough.

I am not sure where nbt is in 3 months. work has real world costs so its priced in a real world currency.

understood. personally I don’t feel interested in posting every Saturday either. I thought I should make the offer just in case however.

voting.

The original proposal is withdrawn because it didn’t address one important thing found in the previous period : shareholders didn’t borther to define changes of reserve/buyback calculation scheme in logically coherent and complete ways so that their motions could read fine in English and was confusing to implement in code. It caused a lot of time-consuming (and rather uninteresting) guessing/verifying/asking-for-clarification.

The way to solve this, i think, is either to demand the motion writer to provide a psudo code how his/her ideas should be caculated, including the edge cases (not only the if but also the else ); or to define an hourly charge rate and a maximum amount of fee I will charge so that my time spent will be limited.

So I have produced a slightly revised version of the motion, adding

at $25 (25 USD) per hour rate.

at the end of the first sentence in a) in OP.

new motion draft is at daology

1 Like

If no comment received further this will be put on voting in a day or so.

1 Like

Who would have control over the number of hours you spend on it? Would you respond to every request?

I will implement all passed motions that alters buyback/reserve calculation. I will keep a log of time spent, which is not really extra work as I already keep a log of every change I make. One change can easily cost more than 4-5 hours if the motion behind it is not clearly written. As it might not be easy to predict cost, I think this time I will ask the motion writer to provide psudo code if I have spent more than 4 hours and the change is still not done. Usually once the final psudo code is provided it should take less than 30min to implement, test, document, and upload to github.

I will put something above in the draft.

edit: the draft has been changed on daology, quoted here for convenience

Based on #1 period Nu shareholders agree to pay mhps up to $300 (300 USD) to

a) continue maintaining and improving the buyback and reserve operation calculator for 3 months, starting on the day when this motion is approved at $25 (25 USD) per hour rate. mhps will implement all passed motions that alters buyback/reserve calculation, and will ask the motion writer to provide psudo-code that reflects the calculation if more than 4 hours have been spent implementing it. mhps will keep a log of time spent corresponding changes to the calculator.

b) perform the weekend calculation run and post the result free of charge.

c) make best effort to inform the shareholders if mhps’ service is unavailable 48 hours in advance.

The payment will be made with a grant proposal or a motion at the end of the 3-month term.

mhps will adjust the monthly rate for a possible renewal proposal for the next term based on work/time spent in this 3 month term, using a $25 (25 USD) per hour rate.

1 Like

I think this is useful as it not only provides information for directing liquidity operations, but also provides a level of well needed transparency of the ‘state of Nu’ for shareholders and potential external investors. This in combination with the LP dashboard provides the basic information about Nu’s health. I still hope to see more automation on the reporting of liquidity operations e.g. by Jooize.

Published for voting

3b4ec86051d609fbc93f1527cf28991a18008d16

1 Like

We need real time money supply counts. @mhps has been helpful in producing those in the past with his script in the NSR buyback/sale calculation thread.

I would like to have it continually updated. I think it has been two or three weeks since we have taken the time to get an accurate money supply count. We ought to prioritize doing better.

Rather than have this motion passed and handle it as a custodial grant, I would like to make it easy. I’m happy to pay @mhps his requested rate of 25 US-NBT with a cap of 300 US-NBT per month. @mhps could present me an invoice for each calendar month, shortly after each month ends, which I will promptly pay from shareholder funds.

I will cooperate to make sure @mhps has all the information I have that he needs to succeed in this effort. If successful, there are plenty of other metrics that need real time tracking. This is an endeavor I hope grows in scope and sophistication over time.

Is this agreeable @mhps?

1 Like

I am not asking for a 300 US-NBT cap per month. I am asking for a 300 USD cap per 3 months. Note the two differences: I want to cap the working hours to 4 per month; I want to be paid in USD value (in BTC or US-NBT rates at the paying time). I don’t have that much web time these days.

That is appreciated. I believe ~5 hours is all that needed per month if the proposed change can be expressed in formulas or psudo-code, which actually helps the proposal writer to see potential problems.

I hope someone can put the script behind a web page so that anyone who wants to see the current calculation result can do it.