NuPond

this mean the price feed now is the price of OKCOIN*1.015?

Sry, entered positive instead of negative. Good now, okcoin*0.985.

should we redownload the ALP client?

If your client is complaining about the ticker price not matching the server price, you should indeed redownload from https://github.com/Nagalim/alp-collection. Make sure that you have a skew (of -0.015) in your pool file. Like this:

server:3335=nupond.net
unit=cny
exchange=bter
skew=-0.015

This will only work with the most updated client, I made ‘skew’ just yesterday. You can also use the old client with a -0.015 manual shift, if you want.

https://alix.coinerella.com/walls/ not update the liquidity of cny pool

Right.
@Nagalim reported it already:

xxx ERROR: server price 6.44752177 for cny deviates too much from price 6.54624948 received from ticker, will try to delete orders on bter

skew is set to -0.015

Do a quick search in utils.py for skew just to make sure you have the right version. Your ticker price isn’t skewed, so there’s something wrong. Personally, i like to put simple print(…) statements everywhere when troubleshooting.

you are right. my script used the wrong dir

cny pool is down now

Just restarted it, hehe. List index out of range, ive gotten that one before.

So bter’s btc price is now very similar to okcoin, much to my chagrin. The economics of using 1.5% lower price seemed solid, maybe I was making an assumption about okcoin withdrawal fees that isn’t correct. Anyway, im not going to touch the feed again for a little bit, see how it plays out.

should we change back to version without skew?

You cant. The server would need to change (hardfork back to the old feed) or your orders wont be validated. Let’s just hold on for a little bit and talk more about what happened and how we want to proceed.

The new price feed actually does look reasonable (sometimes). I was just able to buy BTC for 2635 CNY on Bter (spot price on OKCoin was ~2670, 1.3% discrepancy). I think we’ll have to see what happens over the course of some time. Economics sometimes takes time to reach a stable state.

So I’m leaning towards hardforking back to 0% skew. I hate to do this because the fee economics still point towards favoring btc sellers on bter, but im having trouble commensurating that with the current sustained market activities.

NuPond’s operation on the nbt/cny pair will hardfork back to 0% skew on sunday morningish, pending reaction from LPs and Shareholders. I will give a precise time tomorrow.

I appologize to shareholders and LPs alike for being wishy washy like this with the price feed. I intend on reducing support for this pool and potentially NuPond on Bter entirely.

On the one hand it’d be a pity to lose this connection to Chinese traders.
But on the other hand and considering the issues and the trouble with bter (not to speak of the support, that has room for improvement, the shady behaviour in the past with funds frozen due to a hack, withdrawal fees adjusted without warning, etc.) it might be better for Nu to finally let go.

The switch will occur at 4pm on sunday. It will simply require LPs to reduce the skew parameter at the bottom of the config file to 0. Alternatively, i will make a github update available nearer to the switch.

This will only affect the NBT/CNY pool.

What do we learn about cny price?

GMT?

UTC.

I dont know what we learned, other than that it’s difficult to tell what a rational btc price is on an exhange thats teetering on insolvency like bter is.