NuDroid v4 - Now available on Google Play

One of the devs is working on improving the discovery process as we speak. For now adding a trusted peer is the workaround.

3 Likes

Just bumping this to say that lately (last week) I’ve experienced a lot “no peers connected” in network monitor… Restarting the app a few times usually makes the trick of syncing

No bump needed :wink:

I’m currently discussing the implementation of a nubits dns seed for NuDroid with @sigmike @MatthewLM and @coingame on NuNetwork/Nu.

@erasmospunk would be a very good addition to that list, since he knows a bit about non-nud clients communicating with nud (thanks to coinomni)

Edit: Problems seem to be mitigated by @sigmike. Big thanks! Will post an announcement thread for the dns seed software and the seed server tomorrow if everything looks okay over night.

2 Likes

Quick update: the NuDroid banner (as in OP) is running again since 1 September on Coinmarketcap.com. It will run till the end of this month.

Here are some statistics from the first week:
01.09-07.09.2015:
Impressions: 21 456
Clicks: 78
CTR: 0,36%

Looks good imo, clearly people returning from Holidays.

Will also publish 2 NuDroid videos soon. We lost a bit of time with NuDroid issues, first with ShapeShift and then with finding peers as has been posted earlier in this thread. The link will also be published on the Bitcointalk thread and on Reddit. This month will therefore be the final marketing boost for Nu and NuDroid as agreed in the NuDroid grant.

2 Likes

Here are the two new NuDroid videos:

1. The Power of NuDroid - (funded by the NuDroid grant)
    Link: https://youtu.be/E0YyRX8tnHI (6 minutes)
    Introduction to the specific functionality of NuDroid and NuBits for those who already have a wallet or used other wallet before.

2. Getting Started with a Mobile Wallet - (funded by me to support starters in more general)
    Link: https://youtu.be/DYfemvz2xDU (10 minutes)
    This video get you started if you are fairly new to crypto currencies. We demonstrate how to get started with crypto on your Android phone and how to keep your funds safe. This video covers backing up a wallet, setting a spending pin, donating funds via the integrated ShapeShift service, and restoring a backup.

Enjoy!

@tomjoad Is it possible to add these two links and the short description to the NuDroid page on NuBits.com? Preferably embedded, but just the links is also good.

3 Likes

Of course! The two videos have been added. I did a quick edit of your description text but kept everything mostly the same. Does it look okay? I watched the first video and enjoyed it. These videos will be very helpful for a lot of people.

1 Like

Wow, that was fast! It looks great, thanks for the quick edit. Hope we hit the thousand hits for both of them before the end of the month.

Thanks!

I have refreshed CMC like 40 times and haven’t seen a single NuDroid banner… :frowning:
Then I thought it might have to do that I’m not on the front page.
On the front page it was shown on second try.
Does CMC list the banner only on the front page?

Yes, that is the deal I made. One has to pay more for additional pages or side banners etc.
It also requires producing a banner in a different format.

Thanks for confirming what I guessed. Good to know.
…and if another contract would have been made, it were time to ask them to deliver :wink:
That’s one of the reasons why I asked.

An update of NuDroid to v4.2 on Google Play was just released to address the blockchain sync issues many of us encountered. More information and direct download of APK info can be found here: [Passed] Reliability and Performance Improvements to NuDroid (Released) Please also consider voting for the custodial grant in that thread as it includes more fixes and worthwhile functionality. It also supports the developer to continue working on it.

1 Like

The NuDroid App (and CoinOmi) are currently broken due to an unexpected change of the transaction fee from 0.01 to 0.02. I’ve informed Matthew and I hope he is able to respond with a fix soon. See also my recommendation to the Shareholders here for a short term fix: Coinomi send tx stuck

@Cybnate
Now that the transaction fees are back to 0.01 is the wallet usable?

At the moment I have received transactions stuck with the message
"This payment should be spendable in few minutes"

It should work now. Mine is synced and working. Just checked the server (svr1) and all appears to be working.

Do you have peers visible when you check network monitor? Is it still syncing?

I did some debug on the device, and it was a mix of issues that were not related with the NuDroid app that works very well.

It was taking longer than usual for the blockchain to sync as other apps where interfering with my connectivity.

All good now, thank you!

2 Likes

Just like to refer to this proposal to fix NuDroid so it supports future NuBits transaction fee changes.
The custodial grant is here: [Passed] Dynamic Fees in NuDroid. It is also available in my datafeed here.

2 Likes

for the Chinese community : I see that there are only two reviews with one star on the google play store … What do they say?

The NuBits blockchain only Nubitsexplorer requires some maintenance and will be off-line for a large number of hours. Due to a bug the database has been corrupted and I need to build it up again. Apologies for the inconvenience.

NuDroid shouldn’t be affected as the default secondary server would take over. http://blockexplorer.nu is still available as the main Nu blockchain for NuBits and NuShares.

The Nubitsexplorer is online again after the rebuilt of the database. This proofed a bit more challenges due to the high memory requirements of the Nu daemon.

Matthew also reports that he determined that abe does not like the parked NuBits for some reason. It ruins the calculation of total coin amounts. So he removed the coin days destroyed, outstanding coins and average age for now. They won’t be accurate in any case, unless abe is modified to work with parked NuBits, which might be more trouble than it is worth.

At least it provides the basic explorer services for NuBits again. Interested to hear your feedback on the continuation of this service into the next year.

More than 1000 hits on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1117925. Just a reminder to all forum users to post something related to NuDroid every now and then over there. It increases the visibility outside our own community and hopefully attracts new users.

4 Likes