@irritant @peerchemist

I got it to work, thx for the input.

I am seeing nearly same as in your pic, though my protocolversion is different:

about tor:

I didn’t have the command nud-tor (also tried to install via apt-get),
so I am running nud over socks-proxy for now

edit:

1. I see now nubox has the “nubox -tor” commandline, will try this later also
  2. I tried “nubox -onion”, but it seems to “hang” (for 5 mins now). I’d expect a faster response

have you done
apt-get install tor

yes,
I also verfiied that it works:
by running check.torproject.org in the browser with the socks proxy

i think “nubox -tor” should work

Erkan has qualified for this and I have transferred 5 NBT to him. Thanks for testing Erkan.
Still 2 x 5 NBT available!

3 Likes

Mmmhh…

My Raspberry runs on wheezy. Looks like that doesn’t work out of the box.
Or is something wrong with my Raspbian (“Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages”)?

from @peerchemist 's original info above:

sudo sh -c “echo ‘deb http://peerbox.me/nubox/test-repo jessie main’ >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/nubox-testing.list”

so I assume the packages are only for now for Debian 8.4 (jessie)
and Debian 7.10 (Wheezy) might come later ?

yes, I will try that soon (still waiting for the blockchain to finish, so I can do some more testing)

i wish nubox helper script helped with initial nu.conf creation with default settings as seen in journal, after adding them all by hand it works:

@masterOfDisaster Jessie please.

Okay, next release will have auto configure nu.conf on install if it is not present.

New release.

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

It now auto-configures .nu directory and .nu/nu.conf file during install.

To test it on existing installation, just remove $HOME/.nu/nu.conf before update.

rm $HOME/.nu/nu.conf

1 Like

I.
something seems to have gone wrong, when I try now: e.g. nubox -public I get a python missing library:
ImportError: No module named nu_node

II. also, it asks me to rename the box again to peerbox, though it is named already
it asks me now thus also to reboot the box
better would be: to check if the hostname exists already

III. OK: the new nu.conf was created with rpcuser, rpcpassword and server entries

Okay, I’ve implemented this on old branch and it seems that I forgot to merge with some other tweaks. Give me a moment, I know where the problem is.

Fixed. Updated version is now in the repository.

I can confim issues I. and II. are fixed
thx

1 Like

I need testers of special Nu functions like nubox -vote.

Backpacker claimed rightfully the second bonus for testing. Still one 5 dollar package left for a third tester, let’s mainly dedicate it to the voting function as peerchemist suggests.

1 Like

I will probably release final in next 24h. Before that I will try to implement zswap as solution to reduce IO, which is known bottleneck for Raspberry and most definitely a reason why Nu client is so slow on Raspberry platform.

2 Likes